• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Hi, could you direct me to this Finnish community of which you speak? My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Finland next year and we'd really like to talk to someone who knows the best courses to play and just some other basic info....

Thank you so much,
Davyann

Hi, could you direct me to this Finnish community of which you speak? My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Finland next year and we'd really like to talk to someone who knows the best courses to play and just some other basic info....
In addition to JYLY's links I'd like to add the Tampere Disc Golf Center is being constructed and it's expected to open next summer. It's basically a must check based on how much effort is being put in. Here's the course's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Tampere-Disc-Golf-Center-1747219412259600/

That is stupid good. I still want to know what the creme de la creme would score, since they ought to beat yours by all rights. But that set does not allow for a lot of error at all already. I wonder if a score multiplier for perfect sets in a row might be a fun alternate mode, like in bowling?

898 is crazily good.

If we take an ICP of 96%, which is slightly better than the best DGPT percentage (assuming indoor conditions, no wind and no obstacles), it would mean a score of 940.

A mistake costs 15 points in the game when the player is good (10 points for the missed putt, 5 for the distance penalty on the next rack).

So, 96% corresponding to 4 mistakes, it would give a score of 940.

What is funny with Tapanote's score is that he had a better accuracy from 10 meters (93.8%, or 61 out of 65) than from 9 meters (91.4%, or 32 out of 35).
The numbers are still very impressive...

And before you ask it: YES, I really like numbers.

Can't wait for someone to break the 900 mark. One thing is sure, it won't be me.

I'd rather not read through 33 pages of this thread. It looks like an awesome idea though. Was an app version of this ever made?

898 is crazily good.

If we take an ICP of 96%, which is slightly better than the best DGPT percentage (assuming indoor conditions, no wind and no obstacles), it would mean a score of 940.

A mistake costs 15 points in the game when the player is good (10 points for the missed putt, 5 for the distance penalty on the next rack).

So, 96% corresponding to 4 mistakes, it would give a score of 940.

What is funny with Tapanote's score is that he had a better accuracy from 10 meters (93.8%, or 61 out of 65) than from 9 meters (91.4%, or 32 out of 35).
The numbers are still very impressive...

And before you ask it: YES, I really like numbers.

Can't wait for someone to break the 900 mark. One thing is sure, it won't be me.

Technically you could get 943 with 4 misses but it'd have to one miss from 10m (40) and 3 consecutive 4-5 from 9m (108) then a 5-5 (45) from 9m and the rest 5-5 (750)

898 is insane. If I break 550 I'm excited

Played this game for the first time at putting league last night. We used the puttz! program. Game is quite fun, but took us quite a while to play (we played in a 3 person group). Between warming up and waiting for a lane to open up, I was losing focus about 2/3 of the way through the game. I feel like I did fine at 8m and in, which is fine with me since I'm in the process of switching back to a straddle pitch putt for better consistency inside the circle.

I usually play a round every night while practicing. My best round was somewhere around 630 but have been averaging in the mid to high 500's and have had a few of rounds in the 400's. I usually fall between 540-580. Nice way to break up the monotony of putting practice.

I'm going to be running a singles double elimination tournament using this game in two weeks. Only playing 5 rounds rather than the full 20.

I think I was doing a little better than I should have at first?? Im used to where my basket is in my basement and practice these distances a lot. I moved some things around and it changed the layout in my basement a little, even though my distances are the same. I played 2 rounds and barely got into the mid 400's. LOL I think moving things around messed with my head a little?? Ive yet to drag my basket outside to see what I score when wind is a factor...should be interesting

Thoughts on this:

1. Thanks for making this. It's made it so that I actually look forward to getting outside in the winter and practicing my putting.
2. Just from playing this a couple of times, I've already caught and corrected two bad putting habits I had.
3. I probably need to invest in a real practice basket. My Innova Skil-Shot apparently doesn't enjoy playing catch.
4. I need to get a rope or string to tie to the bottom pole. I'm already wearing ruts in my yard at 7 & 8m away from where I setup my current basket.

Latest posts