• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

threw 400 putts this evening and i see now the update - awesome! as long as i don't clear the data, the string of 20 numbers is saved for each game, along with scores and percentages. Awesome web app now!

Screenshot for reference. Click the Graph, Click on each score, there's your string of numbers, there's everything for that one game.

i feel like i'm a 700 putter, i just don't test well...

8504852_orig.png

Well, that would be my one hope and suggestion then.
I think it would be great to be able to track improvement at certain distances over time.
regardless, I am stoked to spend three hours of my night (again) with it tonight. And with several Guinnesses. Again.

As you are using it tonight.. I put the update in already :thmbup:

It was more complicated than it first seems as positions you havent putted from shouldnt affect your averages. Currently rolling the last 3 average.. would the last 5 be better you think?

Amazing sir. I'm still at work and you've already thrown together massive improvements within the last day.

3 will show more immediate fluctuations, 5 will be a better indicator of real trends.
Is it going to average the most recent 3 or 5 and dump the oldest with every new round played?
Regardless, you've really made super nice app for this game. Can't wait to get home....

Scored 480 beating my previous high score of 441. I used five different discs (Banger,Magnet,Challenger,Dart,Classic Roc) as I'm still searching for the one and this game seems great for figuring out what putter works best for your specific putting style.

threw 400 putts this evening and i see now the update - awesome! as long as i don't clear the data, the string of 20 numbers is saved for each game, along with scores and percentages. Awesome web app now!

Screenshot for reference. Click the Graph, Click on each score, there's your string of numbers, there's everything for that one game.

i feel like i'm a 700 putter, i just don't test well...

8504852_orig.png
Soo, you went to 6m once... And to 7m also once. Lemme just print that screenshot as a motivational pic ;) Yesterday I got over 300 points for the first time with 353. Have you tried the Long Mode yet?

Glad to hear the feedback! Now that the big changes are made, user interface and graph improvements can be done without any fear of wipes. Lemme know what happens when the graph starts to fill up btw - when it gets hard to tap individual nodes? I'll probably implement some kind of pan/zoom thing - when I figure out an efficient way to do it. [emoji14]

Great practice regiment. Thanks to the OP for sharing!

I have 30' of space to work with in the basement so I altered the stations to be at 10', 15', 20', 25', and 30'. That being said, my first round was scored just over 650. I realize that my field is shortened a bit but I'm now thinking that perhaps Charleston's indoor putting league was worthwhile for all those winter months!

Today I'm going to try the game again in my secondary stance. Yesterday was all primary so straddle putts will be in order for my second round. Perhaps I might alternate from each station between stances in the future as it's a goal of mine to improve upon straddle putting inside the circle this year. I only wish I would have heard of this before spring time rolled around!

I tried a round of my Americanized version of the game with only straddle putts and shot a 480. It looks like the secondary stance needs some work! Besides improving upon the straddle putt, I'm hoping to add some elevation to this game. Perhaps I can set up ten stations that go uphill and downhill and alternate between those...

Second go 454 into a slight headwind - warmer temperatures this time and 4/5 and 5/5 (and a 1/5 :( ) from the 9 station which was nice.

Crazy bounce out off a disc at the bottom of the bucket on a 6 meter, no idea how it happened, it was in I was picking up the next disc and looking up to seeing my disc jumping back over the rim - always make sure others on the card clear the buckets people!!.

positive thing for me was out of 100 putts only 5 didn't touch bucket/chains/chastity band, most misses were slides off roookie side of the chains where the line was right I just hadn't given it quite enough so they had started to hyzer. All come backs were within 5 meters.

5 m 0/0
6m 16/20 80%
7m 16/25 64%
8m 7/15 47%
9m 10/15 67%
10m 10/25 40%

Might give Orbital bombing a go next time

Does anyone else find their eyes going blurry from staring at that one link too long?

Ran through this twice last night. (425, 431...meh) It was dark for about half the 2nd round, but still, this is a great game for practicing, a lot can be learned.

I noticed I have a nose angle issue. Also that a recent putter change I've been considering may not work out after all. Also that tailwind putting sucks worse than I thought.

Somehow went 40% from 8m, but 57% from 9m...still trying to figure THAT one out. Can't wait to get home for another go.

Have you tried the Long Mode yet?

No long mode yet. I have just enough room corner to corner in my garage to get the full 10m. If I go Orbital it will be outside... in the elements. I like my nice safe garage with tarp backstop to keep down the walking. Seriously - having the baby stroller to wheel to each station and set my 5 putters next to me, really makes the round go fast and not that tiresome.

Does anyone else find their eyes going blurry from staring at that one link too long?

Yes. Also, there is a distinct "feel" to each station after a while. 6-7m I really take a lot off on speed (good or bad) 8-9 feels like normal effort, and at 10m the game changes and I need to give it a little mustard or it hits basket every time.

I noticed I have a nose angle issue.

This. 5-10 putts per game I get lazy and I feel them coming out "limp" and nose down, like I forgot to try, and all I can do is yell as it comes out low and I watch it start diving to hit the bottom of the basket or pole. Dead center, 2 stations too low. Oy!

This. 5-10 putts per game I get lazy and I feel them coming out "limp" and nose down, like I forgot to try, and all I can do is yell as it comes out low and I watch it start diving to hit the bottom of the basket or pole. Dead center, 2 stations too low. Oy!

Exactly. I'm noticing it more from the 9-10 range. Push putter, so further out is basically just a higher release point. I think I have a tendency to over-compensate high, and then also de-over-compensate (???) by forcing the nose down by 'breaking' my wrist.

I tried a round of my Americanized version of the game with only straddle putts and shot a 480. It looks like the secondary stance needs some work! Besides improving upon the straddle putt, I'm hoping to add some elevation to this game. Perhaps I can set up ten stations that go uphill and downhill and alternate between those...

I like this idea. I need to work on my secondary stance and start putting with straddle putting more often.

I'm also going to go about shortening my range during the game since I have about 30 feet to play with in the garage, and on rainy days it'll help to still get in good work instead of just random putting.

I like this idea. I need to work on my secondary stance and start putting with straddle putting more often.

My straddle putts always come in lower, this is a big one for me too. I would prefer to have the straddle putt rounds on a different player - on the web app I don't see a way to have a player 2? but maybe the iphone app will? (can we name each player?) I hesitate partly because my straddle putts stink and also I would like to track separately.

iloreplica? Any way to use the web app tracking two or more "players?"

Amazing sir. I'm still at work and you've already thrown together massive improvements within the last day.

3 will show more immediate fluctuations, 5 will be a better indicator of real trends.
Is it going to average the most recent 3 or 5 and dump the oldest with every new round played?
Regardless, you've really made super nice app for this game. Can't wait to get home....

I changed the rolling average from 3 to 5 rounds just for you davidrboy.

v1.2 now here: http://cdgcapp.net/puttz

I changed the rolling average from 3 to 5 rounds just for you davidrboy.

v1.2 now here: http://cdgcapp.net/puttz

I like this app as well, good data storage and multiple players I can put in any putting position, etc. biggest issue in-use for me is that I have to scroll down to get to punch in 3, 4 or 5 on my iphone 5s screen. maybe the 0-5 numbers could be on top, and then all the cool data below, so we don't have to scroll?

9481109_orig.png

I like this app as well, good data storage and multiple players I can put in any putting position, etc. biggest issue in-use for me is that I have to scroll down to get to punch in 3, 4 or 5 on my iphone 5s screen. maybe the 0-5 numbers could be on top, and then all the cool data below, so we don't have to scroll?

9481109_orig.png

Great feedback. i'll look into swapping them over and maybe thinning them out a bit. It looks lovely on my 6 :doh:

iloreplica? Any way to use the web app tracking two or more "players?"

Hum hum... Basically that's completely possible. Even now the normal and long modes are just two identical databases of rounds. It wouldn't be hard to add, say, one database for both modes.

There would be some issues to tackle, though, but obstacles are made to be cleared. However, the added databases would be similar to the current modes - select one and play the round with it. No multiple players on the same round, at least for now.

...luckily I included a database version index into the app... And luckily the next patch to my distance logging app Disctance is starting to look good, too. It's been quite bouncy between those two source codes lately [emoji14]

Or you should just sell it. Hell, if you started a donations link, I'd kick you a few bucks.

I'd donate as well. I'm sure quite a few folks on here would at least throw a few bucks your way to help with your time and such.