• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Firebird ='s what in discraft?

Raider Dave

Par Member
I am looking at getting a Champion Firebird, but I don't want to get another Innova. I just bought a Buzzz, and would like to try another Discraft. What would discraft's closest be? Thanks guys.

(((funny, the spell checker has a problem w/ Innova! LoL)))

A little insight.....
I usually drive sidearm...I have good luck with my 171 champ banshee as well as my 175 champ Teebird.
I can get my 165 dx Orc to go where I want, but it does feel light for me. I cannot throw my 175 champ Wraith for beans.....

Predator or even a Reaper for that slot. Most of my bag is Innova and I needed an overstable driver but wanted to mix it up a bit. It was between the Firechicken (X mold) and the Predator for me. I ended up going with the Predator in elite z plastic and I am happy I made the decision. Read about the two different types of overstable here https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/choosingadisc.shtml. and see what fits your need better. The two I mentioned are both type II and I have thrown both. As far as the Discraft type I's go I am not familliar with them.

A flick feels different, but flies very similarly to a firebird. I prefer a flick to a predator, but would use them both for the same type of shots. I've got a couple of ESP FLX Predators in almost new condition still if you're interested.

I use both a firebird and flick and love them both. I use the firebird FH for tight wooded holes or accurate approach shots. I use the flick for distance and power as it goes much faster. Can't go wrong with either though.

Flick has a low flat top with a sharp rim. I couldn't get used to how it felt in the hand. I might try a predator. The firebird has been a great sidearm and my go to for overhand throws.

id say a flick, there way more overstable though, i got 1 today and i cant throw it to save my life, and i throw so hard i overpower my boss and force, there verry hard to throw RHBH great into wind though

Latest posts