• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First 3 attempts, plus advice appreciated!

deadstick

1st try: Pro Beast
The colors on the bear were supposed to be flipped (green where there's white & vice versa), but one of my cuts didn't allow for that without there being a more noticeable defect.
attachment.php

2nd: Star Valkyrie
I was really proud of this one even with the defects on one of the chain links and the "E" in ZERO. The was made for a skateboarding/ disc golfing buddy of mine.
attachment.php

3rd: Champion Sidewinder
Third try about 30 min. ago, did not turn out like I wanted! The huk lab logo was supposed to be green; I used dark green dye because I didn't want it as light as kelly green, but I guess I should have done some kind of mix.
attachment.php

I have a design in mind for my niece. It is nine colors and I am not sure how to remask without screwing up. I am also going to attempt it on a DX Polecat. Probably won't work, but I can't find any Star plastic in lighter weights. Any advice is appreciated!

Here is a pic of the design idea for my niece. I am also hoping to try different shades of purple on the lettering.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Sorry, apparently I don't know how to properly attach pictures. How 'bout now?

Attachments

• Grateful Beast.jpg
    Grateful Beast.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Zero Valk.jpg
    Zero Valk.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 73
  • huk Sidewinder.jpg
    huk Sidewinder.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 63
yeah definitely dont do it on DX... it will not work plain and simply... and as for the remasking ive found doing color layers is the best way to go... do black first... if you leave it in long enough to get pure black then you dont have to remask where the black is... and you can use the black to line up your other colors... then when you remask do similar colors together and do the darkest first... like if you have orange and yellow together, do the orange first then the yellow and you wont have to remask the orange because the yellow will not show... if it does then it just makes the orange pop out a little more...

now i know there are people out there far better than what i can do and they will have plenty of advice for you too... but that is the best way ive found to avoid remasking a bunch of times