• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Attempt at Form Critique

dsizzle78

I've been playing around 5 years and I'm finally starting to get serious about getting better. I'm gonna start working with Lescaleet next week, but wanted to throw these up here to see what everybody has to say.

Last edited:
vuYq6A0.png

RnlqQU9.png

Oei3nEu.png

kKFlU9l.png

http://www.heavydisc.com/2014/08/guess-what-im-doing.html

You're not getting any elbow extension. Keep your hand on the outside of the disc. Good bracing, now you just have to setup the arm to take advantage of it.

Classic hugging/strong arming. Your throwing stance is too open, turning your body/head too far ahead of the arm/arm lagging too far behind and against your chest. Need to get that elbow forward/upper arm and out away from the body, and keep your body turned further back at the plant.

Get something heavy as hell and swing it, feel that weight pulling your arm from your shoulder socket toward the target, and use your body to brace against it from pulling you around. You should find you have to close up your stance/body to release/throw it straight, instead of hooking to the right.

7lb sledgehammer:

Thanks guys!

I know I need to work on my timing and I can see exactly what you're saying when I watch the videos.

I think I basically need to scrap everything and start over from a standstill position. I've developed all these bad habits over the course of 5 years and I know it's going to be tough to break them.

Update... I've been doing an hour of field work on my lunch break 3 or 4 days a week for the past 2 months. My distance has improved. I can throw my Envy (driving putter) on average about 235, my mids 275, and drivers a little over 300. I've had throws upwards of 360 (measured with UDisc so +/- 16ft.), but not consistent.

Compared to my original videos from earlier this year, what have I improved and what can I still work on to get better. Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/Rs4RaSfPtAI

Somewhat better. Your rear foot is too backward and you lean over your rear leg instead of staying more upright and turning your body more inside your foot. You are also planting a bit open and trying to shift from in front of you instead of from behind you.