• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First attempt with a Star Destroyer

Picked up some supplies for the first time (pro chem starter set and a Rit Dye More graphite for a darker contrast color). Did a glue bed dye test with my bright yellow Star Destroyers. I'm happy with how it turned out as a first test. I do wish I had brought more of the green in from the bottom since it turned a really nice teal color.

nDNhbAgl.jpg

How do you go about knowing how a dye will work with a color plastic? Is it trial and error or is there an easier way to know?

Secondary question, whats the best light to take a picture of a disc? In different lights these colors really look different.

Really nice disc! Was it yellow to start? That's the worst color to dye. The very best resource is https://www.thedifferenceisdoingit.com/resources/ in one of his videos he talks about yellow being the worst, and shows a disc where he dyed a pie chart of colors. They were all shades of brown and green. Since I've started dabbling with dyes, I have yet to find a white disc that I want.

I know what you mean about the pictures not telling the whole story. Best to take a few pics until one looked like the disc in person.

Last edited:
Was it yellow to start? That's the worst color to dye.

It was. It was like a bright yellow. I knew going in this would do something with color but I wasn't entirely sure what. I had recently purchased 4 factory seconds from the Innova store to dye, and of course two of them are a different shades of a yellow green. So this test at least gave me an idea of what I could be looking at. Thanks for the resource link.

It was. It was like a bright yellow. I knew going in this would do something with color but I wasn't entirely sure what. I had recently purchased 4 factory seconds from the Innova store to dye, and of course two of them are a different shades of a yellow green. So this test at least gave me an idea of what I could be looking at. Thanks for the resource link.

Here's a color wheel dyed onto Yellow:
attachment.php

Skip to the 9 minute mark for info on how disc colors take dye.

Attachments

• 58AC612F-108F-444F-B4AB-584430BF0349.jpg
    58AC612F-108F-444F-B4AB-584430BF0349.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 68