• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

does moving from bronze to silver qualify as case by case TR stat update for the one reviewer? I moved up to silver just after the January 29th update.

Gotcha in there, up to the middle of the Silvers already. Excellent work! (and 100 reviews visible on the horizon). Congratulations!! :clap:

sisyphus

Mr. Butlertron just moved up to the silver trusted reviewer category.

Congrats Mr. B!
& thanks for the heads-up Mark.
Updated (see TR Stats in my sig), and will do so for any notifications like this.
Probably only do a thorough update on everybody annually around new years', though (it takes a while to sort through... and is the reason I've never even tried to update Bronze... sorry!)

Thanks Sisyphus, Wells. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't silver status members recieve discounts at Red Lobster?

OK, I lied...

Since it felt really weird to not have the Bronze Trusted Reviewers recognized, I pulled all the data and updated as of 6/29/17. Unless I really screwed up the spreadsheet (which is very possible), each level is now up to date, hopefully accurately.

Glad I looked: There is a Silver on the cusp of Gold, but even more importantly,

:DCONGRATULATIONS to our newest Diamond Trusted Reviewer, :hfive:Upshawt1979!! :thmbup:

Some simple, but hopefully interesting, Trusted Reviewer stats (all levels)!

Oldest (of those reported): BucketBonanza (75), bayouace (70) & bazillion (67)

Youngest: the data is definitely faulty here!

Most years playing: thrembo (42.1), The Miniac (41.1) & DWill (39.1)

Fewest: Timeetyo (3.2), wellsbranch250 (3.4) & Zunz (3.7)

Most courses played: danhyzer (1443), Martin Dewgarita (1254) & The Valkyrie Kid (1011)

Most reviews written: The Valkyrie Kid (961), mashnut (775) & harr0140 (480)

Don't get discouraged, rather look on in awe: Most thumbs up: mashnut (5378), The Valkyrie Kid (4840) & harr0140 (3051)

Highest %age helpful: lion (99.23), nyrblue2 (98.81) & shawn_l (98.74)

And states played: DaKineSurfer32 (54), danhyzer (53) & mashnut (51), and yep, for those who don't know, you CAN play in more than 50 "states", because the site includes foreign countries and provinces as such

Thanks for doing the grunt work sisyphus! :hfive:

Just a side note for anyone reading this: we (humans) tend to throw #'s out there without truly realizing what they mean, or putting them into context; 800 courses played, 1000, 1200...
I encourage you to click 1 or 2 of these profiles, and take the time to actually scroll down the list of courses they've played.

danhyzer
Martin Dewgarita
Valkyrie Kid
Mashnut

After a few seconds, it feels more like your looking at a list of courses in a given state, rather than a list of courses that someone has actually played... these lists go on so long that it's easy to forget your actually looking at someone's profile. Click on your own profile and do the same.

Now plan your next road trip. :D

I find it interesting to scroll through TallPaul's list. He's played more courses in WI than there currently are courses in WI. Crazy.

I find it interesting to scroll through TallPaul's list. He's played more courses in WI than there currently are courses in WI. Crazy.

Paul's been playing a long time. The man's played more RIP'd courses than some people have played courses... but yeah, it's kinda funny to see more courses played in the state than the sate actually has.

I give him credit for not only being a course bagging machine, but for making a point of making it back to courses he really enjoyed as his schedule permits. Some people only play those really good courses once.

OK, I am definitely making a bad assumption here or there... Apparently the "states played" count DOES go up with U.S. states and Canadian provinces, but now I'm not sure how it does or does not count other countries. I'll be glad to fix individuals in the TR Stats list manually, but when the time comes for an update, the numbers will revert to the count dgcr generates, so I'm not sure how to handle that. Tim, any ideas, or comment on how "states" get counted? Thanks! (h/t Mr B.)

I think it's just countries that have distinctly separate states/provinces. The US and Canada may be the only ones on the list?

I think it's just countries that have distinctly separate states/provinces. The US and Canada may be the only ones on the list?

Got word from TimG: you are correct, sir!

So, officially, we'll need to just go with the states played. I'll probably add a column for countries on the next update, because that is an impressive stat, as well!

Because I was asked last weekend (while playing an unknown course); I totaled up my "unable to mark as played in Wisco"; but legitimate courses....24...(including that old Plymouth one; in your backyard, that went extinct and had a redesign even/though I only counted it once in that 24 count).

*I may be playing two more new ones this weekend!*

*I also get to play with Mr. Goatman this weekend; all the way up from Kentucky!
Yay Me!* :)

Because I was asked last weekend (while playing an unknown course); I totaled up my "unable to mark as played in Wisco"; but legitimate courses....24...(including that old Plymouth one; in your backyard, that went extinct and had a redesign even/though I only counted it once in that 24 count).

*I may be playing two more new ones this weekend!*

*I also get to play with Mr. Goatman this weekend; all the way up from Kentucky!
Yay Me!* :)

What are you playing this weekend that's new to you?

....very....very....secret... :)

(Possibly) Crivitz course and Lena HS (if baskets are still in). I'm along for the tour on this one. Out of state player dictates; but I will be in the area of both. And, they would both be quick plays.

....very....very....secret... :)

(Possibly) Crivitz course and Lena HS (if baskets are still in). I'm along for the tour on this one. Out of state player dictates; but I will be in the area of both. And, they would both be quick plays.

We're going to go hit the new Wilderness Campground tomorrow. Supposed to be nice...we shall see.

(Wilderness Campground) Pat Blake design. Peeps with valid opinions saying potential to be best in the state!!!

Sorry to further detour this thread . . . didn't even realize what I was commenting on only discussion of Wilderness Campground.

Tons of elevation, tight woods but clean of buckthorn and other invasives, 2 tees and 2 pins play accommodates ALL skill levels, nice concrete tees with compacted gravel or sand around most of them right now. Many trees have been removed but many still have yellow tape on them. I would guess more are to come down in some spots. The fairways are not smooth yet with roots, and mowed brush but that will work itself out over time. The rough . . . is mostly tough to find discs because of the raspberries and other prickly plants so wear pants if you can tolerate the heat. Some of that will get beat down in popular miss areas but much of it will continue to thrive without traffic. Only 1 hole I think needs a lot of work to make it a fair hole . . . #15. Long tee throws out and there are lots of trees out there . . . it looks like it was designed to force a big spike hyzer to get left to have a "Fair" way but that isn't plainly obvious from the tee. If you go straight or even throw slight hyzer you end up behind tons of small trees with very small lanes. I will see Pat this weekend and ask what his intent is with that hole before making total judgement. I am only offering my opinion above.

I say when cleaned up a touch, tree removal completed, and broken in a bit (maybe next fall) this course will definitely be in line with any course in Southern WI . . .but I also prefer to play heavily wooded courses to open prairie holes with trees. So it fits in my top 10 in the state for sure . . .but I want to play something other than long tees to long pins to evaluate the other throws out there.

I shot 75 from longs to longs which is probably about 10 over par or so when all is said and done.