• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

^It means there are less active users thumbing reviews at any one time that we would like to think.

Since Wells has done such good work in such a short period of time, he has a smaller pool of potential thumbers than a reviewer who has been at it a long time. I'd like to think that given the number, quality, and varied geographic location of his reviews; that he should have been a slam dunk for diamond as soon as he hit 1000 thumbs. I know he has helped way more that 200 people make an informed choice on which courses they are playing. Only a small % take the time to thumb though.:(

Congrats to Sidewinder22!:thmbup: You do a ton for dg between the technique advice, reviews, Looney Tunes impersonations, course design and construction, and probably a whole lot of things that I'm not aware of. Thank you!

Holy Cow!! I can't believe you have 1583 thumbs up on your reviews but you don't have the 200 unique votes to be a DIAMOND Reviewer??? That is crazy! :confused:

i can believe it (no offense, of course)

it takes time and Mark has only been at it 2 years. granted he put in a ton of work in 2 years but reviews have to sit there awhile to get unique votes. plus, he's a reviewer's reviewer. i think a good portion of his thumbs come from other TR's who recognize his quality work.

my hunch is few people actually read reviews that are as long as his average review. if you're a local, you probably scan it and then thumb based on the rating. and speaking of locals, while his reviews are spread over a large geographical area, it's mostly the South which is not really a hotbed of disc golf. and he's only reviewed a couple iconic courses which is where i think the real payload of unique voters reside.

if Mark took a tour to Flip, Idlewild, and/or the Twin Cities i think he'd go Diamond the next day

Cheers from London.

I have some big name course reviews coming later this month, starting with a course sidewinder helped me choose, with a review he posted a few ago. I appreciate all the thumbs, and would agree with dreadlocks analysis.

I usually only read the reviews of courses I'm planning on playing, have played, or in my area, so I fit into the above referenced analysis. There now is a growing list of reviewers who I'll read just because they write great reviews on courses I might never have the opportunity to play. I'll add wellbranch250 to that list.

Two of the most prolific reviewers over here within a month and I didn't get to play with either of them :( Although it was mighty close with Wellsbranch at Quarry Park, his cards sitting on my desk :) Missed out on Armiller last year as well! If any of you are coming over this way let me know, i'd love to meet up for a round!

Two of the most prolific reviewers over here within a month and I didn't get to play with either of them :( Although it was mighty close with Wellsbranch at Quarry Park, his cards sitting on my desk :) Missed out on Armiller last year as well! If any of you are coming over this way let me know, i'd love to meet up for a round!
I was there this summer, ended up playing Bedworth Miners as we were in the area and it was one of the closer courses to where I stayed.

I had a felling that Tracy was going to hit Harmony Bends when out of the blue he starts reviewing courses 90 minutes away.

credit to The Valkyrie Kid, Harmony Bends

that's all i needed to read.

Lol I should have seen it coming, but I just thought he was bagging some new courses. Random Kansas course... Missouri... wait for it... HARMONY BENDS become the Valkyrie Kid's 1,223rd review (and 8th 5-discer).

I didnt list Harmony Bends #1 in my top 5 for nothing. TVK's the 5th Diamond to rate it 5.0.

For most players it, would awfully difficult not to rate it a 5, especially if you are a younger, stronger player. I see it as a great challenge for those type of players. John Houck's finest effort.

I was there this summer, ended up playing Bedworth Miners as we were in the area and it was one of the closer courses to where I stayed.

AAARGH!!!

I'm 20 minutes away from Bedworth! It was my first solo course design.

One day I'll play with one of you guys!!! one day.

We've got four of the UK's top ten within an hour of each other now in this area - Quarry Park, Bedworth, Lichfield and Cotswold View. All solid 18 hole or more courses each with a very different feel to them.

AAARGH!!!

I'm 20 minutes away from Bedworth! It was my first solo course design.

One day I'll play with one of you guys!!! one day.

We've got four of the UK's top ten within an hour of each other now in this area - Quarry Park, Bedworth, Lichfield and Cotswold View. All solid 18 hole or more courses each with a very different feel to them.
I'm sure I'll be back at some point, the girlfriend's family lives up in Lincoln. Maybe next summer :)

I'm sure I'll be back at some point, the girlfriend's family lives up in Lincoln. Maybe next summer :)

Do it! If you can coincide with one of our one day tournaments you'd be made very welcome.

Where's your Bedworth review by the way!!!? I'm constantly on at our local player base to leave reviews on here, it'd help the cause if as many travelling players could get the ball rolling and show them how it's done! (especially the owner of the site :) )

I'm working on a little course near Lincoln on a holiday park, a short but really fun layout if they will get round to finally committing to it!