• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First new thread

ibcleary

My name is Brian. I've been learning a lot on the forum the last couple of years. Thought I might start responding. I average a couple rounds a week when the weather nice and I noticed my game plateaued at the end of last season. Looking forward to working on my distance this year and maybe entering an amateur tournament.

If you have the time and a good local scene, I would suggest playing league rounds. I've been discing for a while and nothing helped me bust through plateaus like playing with/against other folks that were significantly better than I was.

Welcome, Brian, to the land of unsolicited advice :).

Welcome to the forums!

As was said above, playing with/against better players will really help your game. Just watching how they play and approach things can help. Plenty of information on here about first tournaments and what not, so you can be especially prepared as you start entering them!

thanks for the welcomes

Thanks for the welcomes. There is a local glow league I have been eyeing for a while. Might be a less competitive way to get involved.

Playing for bag tags is a great way to be passively competitive while you get prepared to join the tourney scene. It's like a mini event every match, but with none of the financial risk/obligation.

Latest posts