• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round in 3 years

Nathan04W

Long story short I suffered some severe nerve damage in my right arm(throwing arm) which made it so I couldn't even hold something in my hand. The tips of my fingers are still a little dull with feeling but I can hold things easily now. Physical therapy really helped me. I have moved into a new town so I played a round at a course in Galion, OH that I have never played. It's also 24 holes. Luckily they have a driving range as well so could throw some drives before I played. I have lost a lot of distance, only throwing about 250-275 but man did I have a blast playing again. Threw like +6 and only had 1 birdie. Really looking forward to going back out and improving my game again!

Hey, congratulations on getting a successful result out of all the work it must have taken to get back to where you are. Hope you continue to improve and hold onto the positive vibe.

Nice!

I feel ya on the injury stuff. I'm 45 and running out there playing with a bad meniscus in my plant kneed. I have a partial tear in the rotator cuff of my throwing shoulder too. And I broke my back many years ago so I don't have any mobility in my back. Way back in the late 90's when I started playing I could throw 375 but nowadays I can throw maybe 275, tops. The more holes I play the weaker my arm gets from the shoulder issue too. Like yesterday I played a tournament that was 2 rds of 20 holes each in one day. By time the second round started I was down to throwing like 225. Still have fun and didn't finish last!

Welcome back to the game!

Nerve damage is a ***** and has ruined my friend's life. Glad you made it so far.

Latest posts