• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2018

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Well, here's the 2018 Edition of a thread that's become an annual thing for me. So how did did your first round of 2018 go? I was on the course just after the ball dropped, in the Eastern time zone, USA. I played a very cold 9 holes on KMDGC. The temperature was in the teens, with just a little breeze, and clear skies. We have about 1" of powder on the frozen ground that was well lit by the bright moonlight.

I played OK considering the temperature, footing, and amount of clothing I had on. I threw with fingerless gloves on, using just a Champion Aviar with an LED. The LED on my Z-Buzz gave up the ghost on hole #1 so it was a 1 disc round to start the year off.

Without the baskets being lit, I missed about three putts that I would expect to make and I had one ridiculous spit out. Still, I was on the course having a good time.

Was anyone else on the course by 12:05? I wrapped up my 9 by 12:35. How about those in time zones that hit 2018 before EST?

I hope that everyone has a great and blessed 2018!

Jim

Done. 7 holes at local pitch putt sinc one is a sleigh hill in the winter. First throw of 2018 hit the pole so cant be all bad. Missed all of my putts though :D Had fun still. Proper throwing will recommence only once there is no snow. Until then its just for the kicks.

My first round of 2018 will be at the wonderful Showmen's course tomorrow (1/2)! They have baskets set inside old carnival ride cars, and boats, and helicopters etc!

Mine will have to wait a week, until this rude Canadian visitor packs up and goes home, and it warms back up to normal winter.

In the meantime, the lingering satisfaction of my last round of 2017 will have to do---a 4-hour, 27-hole tournament round, so a little extra to tide me over.

My first round will probably be Wednesday at a new course for me, Laurens County Park in Laurens, SC. Little cold to really be getting out and throwing, but we'll see how today goes

Its negative 15 (air temp, not even factoring wind chill) here in my part of Wisconsin as i write this. I can tolerate the cold with the best of them, but there is no way in getting out and playing anytime soon lol

-19 here in Iowa this morning. Looks like my first round of 2018 is going to be on hold for some time!

-2 I played two rounds. kept warm under icy midwest skies!

if youre cold youre not prepared!

First round this morning with BogeyNoMore at Cincinnati's Steady Ed deuce or die course (Winton Woods), with an 8am tee off temp of zero degrees. Played the next two rounds there for our New Years' Day event. Got two more deuces per round, won my division (MPG, and technically would've won Open!) and finished the first day of the year with 54 holes played. Hey, and it got up to ten degrees!

First round this morning with BogeyNoMore at Cincinnati's Steady Ed deuce or die course (Winton Woods), with an 8am tee off temp of zero degrees. Played the next two rounds there for our New Years' Day event. Got two more deuces per round, won my division (MPG, and technically would've won Open!) and finished the first day of the year with 54 holes played. Hey, and it got up to ten degrees!

...bagger:p;)

I probably would have considered it if my stomach didn't feel like it was trying to digest itself or some ****, just pulling myself together today, and have too much on my mind to think about disc golf... and to think that used to be the only thing on my mind...

whats deuce or die? pitch and putt course?

Shot 3 up at a private course that belongs to a club member today in 28 degree weather. For us Texans that's about the coldest we ever get to play in! Everyone was all bundled up and probably not playing their best but we had a grand time.

Just got back from random draw doubles at Indian Hammocks Park in Kendall, FL (west of Miami). Threw a handful of good drives and made a couple of putts. Sorry to brag on the 78 degree weather we had there...