• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Auction] FIRST RUN MVP ION - Ends 3/26/14 @ 12:00 noon EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Eagle Member
Winning bid: jgheels1999 - $225.00

End Date/Time: 3/26/14 @ 12:00 noon EST
Starting Bid: $100.00
Min. Bid Increment: $1.00

Weight: Factory marked @ 168g
Disc Condition: 9.5/10
Color: Blue flight plate, red rim

Up for auction is one First Run MVP Ion. No nicks or damage in the rim or bottom edge, no major scuffs or scrapes. I don't think this was ever even used on the course. Faded ink on the underside and slight scuffing from attempted removal. Scuff is only visible under glare, and can not be felt by touch. This would be a fine addition to anyone's collection, or would make an excellent thrower.

Final bid will be accepted at 12:00 noon on March 26, 2014. Bids at 12:01 are late and will not be accepted. PayPal and money orders accepted. Shipping included in final price, and the disc will be packaged securely in a cardboard box. Thanks for looking, and good luck!

0319141001.jpg
0319141002.jpg

Last edited:
...why why why did someone have to ink it...

I have a few but we will see where this goes :D

Is there a "toy like" flashing along the bead still?

That's not really a "good" thing b/c any really unused should have a weird flashing on the bead in my experience.

Nice disc don't get me wrong but have 2 mint sitting here and they both have the same exact flashing.

$101

Last edited:
I've had one other, and I know about the flashing. This one is too nice to have been worn off from use, but however it was done, it is a clean job. No gouges or oversanding.

I have one, white, chalky and opaque. Just checked it, and it defintely has a small flashing around the bead.

To be clear - I understand that FR Ions came with substantial flash on the bead. What I'm saying is that there is no flash on this particular disc. It's condition is too good to been worn off through use, so it must have been removed intentionally. However, it has been done very well, and looks/feels like it was never there in the first place. Whether or not that is what you want is your preference.

Did you try and remove the ink and if so what did you use? I am just trying to figure out if I would be able to remove the ink. Thank you for the response.

I did wipe it with a little rubbing alcohol, but it only faded it a bit. I didn't risk trying acetone.

First run ions were blue core red rim like this one. there were no other colors at all on the first run. There are protos out there that were clearish yellow but way more rare than the blues which are very rare in their own right. sorry to derail. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts