• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Year Noob Scores

I've been playing about 10 months now. My home course is 18 holes, all par 3. I shot par the first time after 2 months, and under par after 4. My best score so far has been 3 under, and I have 3 aces in the bag (all short holes in the 250ft range). My driving developed very quickly, as did my putting inside the circle. Long range putts still give me a lot of problems, as do up shots in general. I definitely find courses that I am not used to to be a challenge. Especially those with lots of tight wooded shots.

I've been playing about 10 months now. My home course is 18 holes, all par 3. I shot par the first time after 2 months, and under par after 4. My best score so far has been 3 under, and I have 3 aces in the bag (all short holes in the 250ft range). My driving developed very quickly, as did my putting inside the circle. Long range putts still give me a lot of problems, as do up shots in general. I definitely find courses that I am not used to to be a challenge. Especially those with lots of tight wooded shots.

Most holes I deal with are tight wooded. One of the Perks or Banes of living in NE, depending how you look at it.

Man, I don't even know what my scores were. The course I learned on was DeLaveaga... and I was the king of double bogeys for a long time. I remember feeling so stoked to score a +27... (27 hole course, all par 3 for those who don't know).

I think a got my first par round a few months into and my first under par round about 5 or 6 months into playing. Granted, I was mostly playing the shortest tees at Johnson Street, which isn't that tough of a course.

Shot even after 3 months to win an am tournament, and wasn't really happy with how I shot. Home course is not extremely difficult but a ton of water OB to punish bad shots. Been placing in advanced lately and just hit the one year mark. Love beating people who have been playing for 10+ years:)

I now par the courses I shot +18-20 when I started. 20-stroke difference=not bad/fun!:)

I've been playing a little over a year. I started out on a great beginner course and I was shooting pretty good on it(low 60's-high 50's). Par 54 and I didn't shoot down on it until about 4-5 months in. My first league mini was in April(started around November) and I shot -1(53) to come in 2nd place. From there I have floated around par at blue level courses and about 5-8 over on our gold(par 69 10,000) foot course. I play daily and practice putting constantly.

Scorecards? I need no stink'n scorecardes.
we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.jpg

I didnt play ANYBODY for about 20yrs, so I didnt keep score.

The first time I played I shot like a +18 from blue tees, but then I graduated college and started playing a short course (Schenley Park in Pittsburgh) a few days a week. My scores started somewhere like +8-12 and now my best is -8 there and my average is probably -1 - 3, I get mad if I shoot even. When I play at Deer Lakes, Knob Hill or Moraine State Park (first DGC I played at) I typically shoot 0 - +5.

When I first started about four months ago I was shooting a 72 on the front 18 at la mirada. (Par is 54), took some lesson from a local pro and now my average is about 58. Im hoping by another five/six months I will be shooting under par. This is assuming I continue to play everyday.

When I started I was shooting 5-6 over but now I can get 7 under on the 9 hole course I play at and I have gotten 9 under 10 times.

long or short tees?

Whatever I feel like at the time.

Rarely the longest longs though.

I was getting better but now getting worse. Throwing from chest level isn't working for me and I think I am now doing too much nose down. My discs go crazy long roller to the left when they land.

Not to brag but..... when it comes to anything thats athletic/game related I can pick it up pretty quick. As for the disc, Ive managed a 3 under and 4 under on the two 9 hole courses that Ive thrown the most. I got my first ACE 5 months in, after ringing the chains 3 times and metalling 3-4 times. Even some of the pros that Ive played with have said that Ive got natural ability. The force is strong in this one. :)

But u are bragging....lol.....but way to ace hole 9, 106' of D!

Now go find some long tees

Last edited:
^after reading my post...I realize how much of an ass I can be....

No sweat. Not my fault they put it that close. :) I went out and played the championship 18 hole in Modesto a few days ago and shot a 1 under. That ought to get me past the grade. Happened to get my first "turkey" or "hat-trick" later on that day on the shorter front 9. Truth be told, I hit 4 birdies in a row, holes 4-8. Chew on that to get the sour taste out of your mouth. :)

Happened to get my first "turkey" or "hat-trick" later on that day on the shorter front 9. Truth be told, I hit 4 birdies in a row, holes 4-8. Chew on that to get the sour taste out of your mouth.

Make that holes 5-8. +6 beers = bad math.

Latest posts