• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Flattest Sentinels?

DrBaartman

Birdie Member
I've been hearing really good things about the Millennium Sentinel lately. I'm planning to try one out, but I'd like some flat ones. What run of them has been the flattest?

If anyone has some for sale, PM me please. :)

Paging Davidrboy. Seriously, he's the biggest Sentinel aficionado around here. San Marino Q Sentinels (Sanny Qs) are the ones to get. They are flat and supposedly fly further than the more recent "www" runs. The Brinsters are supposed to be a bit better, but still not as good as the old Sanny Qs. The Sanny's are hard to find though; they don't necessarily sell for a fortune (I've seen $30-$40 depending on condition), but it's hard to find anyone willing to sell them.

Paging Davidrboy. Seriously, he's the biggest Sentinel aficionado around here. San Marino Q Sentinels (Sanny Qs) are the ones to get. They are flat and supposedly fly further than the more recent "www" runs. The Brinsters are supposed to be a bit better, but still not as good as the old Sanny Qs. The Sanny's are hard to find though; they don't necessarily sell for a fortune (I've seen $30-$40 depending on condition), but it's hard to find anyone willing to sell them.

^ that is about the long and short of it.

You don't want to go to the trouble and expense of tracking down Sanny Q-Sentinels just to try out the mold though.

Brinsters give a good introduction. They are solid throwers -- not quite as fast but a touch more glide. Similarly OS, maybe a touch less than a fresh, max weight Sannny (for which you should expect to pay easily $60 or so, if you can even find one).

If you just like old Frisbees, there are two good old runs of pro plastic (Millennium base plastic) San Marino mold Sentinels out there. The "Limited Edition" Run came first, but they were so popular that the Sentinel went into regular production. The 1.2 Run is also the Sanny mold and also excellent durable pro plastic. These have a touch more dome than the Sanny Qs, but fly about the same when fresh. And they season very slowly. I threw one constantly for a couple years and it never got straight like a Roc would. If you REALLY want to try out the original mold, start there. You can track those down for $15-20ish.

I am also a Sanny Sentinel thrower. However I got most of mine before they went up in price. Although I did recently buy a 10/10 Sanny for $40.

Your best bet as davidrboy mentioned, is to give the Brinsters a shot. The glows and oranges are the flattest I've seen. If you really like those, then you can go down the expensive path with Sanny's.

I might even have an old one to sell, but it won't be super cheap.

Cool, thanks for the responses dudes. Got a Brinster edition one coming in the mail right now. Hopefully I don't like it. ;) haha

The yet to be produced RDG mid.

Jcass and others could be more accurate, but it should be an OS mid in good base plastic. I know jcass likes Rocs and Bards so I'd expect something along those lines. He seems really busy with the new roll at Gateway so who knows when we will see it.

The yet to be produced RDG mid.

Jcass and others could be more accurate, but it should be an OS mid in good base plastic. I know jcass likes Rocs and Bards so I'd expect something along those lines. He seems really busy with the new roll at Gateway so who knows when we will see it.

Cool. I'll be getting one for sure.

The concept with the Gila is to make something like a Sannie Sent in craft base plastic.

Let us know how the Brinster Sent works out for you!

Haven't heard about these yet.. What are they?

Might as well quote JCass on this one:

My goal is to create an 11x KC Pro Sentinel aka Fossil Gila
I want the disc to initially be beefy but not crazy OS.

The mold pieces that I am tooling will use Gateway's current top pieces so we will have the ability to configure a mold using the Warrior, Karma & Element tops.
I'm not certain which of these will produce the exact flight I want but I would bet we will eventually have all three discs out in some capacity.

If I had to bet money, I'd say the Karma topped version will be the 5, 4, 0, 3 disc that I want but if it beats in a little too quickly I may bump it up to the Warrior version for the sustained overstability as it cycles.

I like fossil but that's not going to work for me in a sentinel.

I like fossil but that's not going to work for me in a sentinel.

I would give it a shot, maybe hope there would be some fossil flex, tar pit, and eventually some armors thrown in there too. Sentinel 3 sounds good too, just not holding my breath on that one.

Latest posts