• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flight number stability ratings

Are all innova discs with flight numbers more stable than their preflight counterparts? Both my roadrunner and sidewinder have been disappointing in this regard. What are my options to get my game back on track?

RHBH noodle/medium arm player

As a fellow RHBH noodle/medium arm player I was in the same situation when I lost my old Sidewinder. The new Roadrunner and Sidewinder I bought were disappointing. Tried a Westside Underworld and it does exactly what I want it to do brand new out of the box, easy distance with tons of glide. Highly recommended.

Some good info and advice here, Guys. Thanks.
I throw the same weights, so this isn't an issue.
I found that my new Elite X Heat flies like my PFN Star Sidewinder. Of course this will change with break in so I'll probably carry two or more of different "beat" levels of it (not my idea - credit the Champ and the four Roc's he carries).
And maybe I'll take a look at the Underworld.
I'll try to beat in my new Star Sidewinder and Roadrunner, but tough to do when they don't give you what you need and you only carry a dozen discs.
Disc On!

I'll try to beat in my new Star Sidewinder and Roadrunner, but tough to do when they don't give you what you need and you only carry a dozen discs.
Disc On!

I've had this problem too, and I just move them up a notch in the stability lineup until they get some wear. I use the new RR as a Valk, and use the new Valk as a Beast, and when they start to fly the way I want, I move them back where they belong.

It's definitely worth it to break in some backups instead of starting fresh every time there's a lost disc!

Right On, IHearChains. Maybe I need to get into the habit of continuously breaking in discs.
I do this with my KC Pro Rocs, but didn't think it necessary for premium plastic.
Problem is, I already have the fade discs I need in my bag, so I don't have room for the newbies that need breaking in.
Shouldn't premium plastic fly the same new as broke in?
I still think Innova is changing things - probably for business purposes. I understand that they need to make profit. But if that F's up my game, I may need to look for a different mfr for discs. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts