• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City Camping

gcrussell4

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
May be camping at flip city--who has done it, how is it, what do i need to do, cost, any other info is welcome.

20 bucks a person? i thought i heard 5... huh, either way, its a trip i'm plannin on going sometime this year, is it real camping? just tents, no utilities?

what about getting in...if i am able to go, i wont be able to get in until late at night...do you think that would be a problem?

I camp at Flip once or twice a year now for about nine years running. Bill is very cool, just call ahead to make sure that its clear. There are no utilities or hook-ups for electrical or anything. Its basically his property with a couple of fire-pits and a porta-potty. Bring your camping chairs and supplies. You might want to bring a grill. The closest stores are in Hart and have all the necessary items for survival. About fifteen minutes away. Firewood is in abundance, so don't worry about that. Bug spray is a must as is TP, water, etc...
When we do our two-day tourney there each year, we pay $10 per person for the two-night stay in addition to our 'greens fees' for playing. Plus we drink Bill into the Earth. He likes beer.:thmbup:

what about getting in...if i am able to go, i wont be able to get in until late at night...do you think that would be a problem?

That usually is not a problem. Again, call ahead and give the man some heads-up. His house is seperated from the camping area a bit but the man is 51 years old and needs his rest.

rupert, i think you cleared that up perfect

it makes me wanna go even more now

is he pretty much open year round? given due notice of course

Oberon.

Bring plenty of Bell's Oberon. It tends to be the only acceptable form of currency way out there in the sticks. :)

I camped there last year and it was a blast. I will be heading there at the end of the month for three nights, during the AJ Open, Flip Open and QBI Doubles. Needless to say i am excited. We don't have course like Flip down here. Hell i don't think anywhere in the world has a course like Flip. Last year i gave him 20 for 3 of us for 1 night. He seemed more then happy with that. This year since i plan on staying three nights i figure i will give him $40.

An absolute blast. I really can't think of any place i would rather be in the Summer.

I'd meet up with you this weekend but I've got my first grandkid's baby shower tomorrow and a boat launching on Sunday :(

Latest posts