• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City for a day or 2

Dr.Smooth

Double Eagle Member
Thinking about making the trip to Northern Michigan for some cooler summer air.

From what I'm hearing Flip City seems to be a ideal spot if you want to just stay put at a course for a day or two.

The plan (about an 8 hour drive) is drive up one weekend. Set up camp and play the course (two days). And head back home.

My question is are their usually campers on the course during the weekend. Is it good camping..Not to loud but not to quite. Would definitely like to quaff a few beers in the evening after the round and talk to fellow golfers about the "one that almost went in."

Just curious about what the atmosphere is like their.

Thinking about making the trip to Northern Michigan for some cooler summer air.

I wouldn't call this Northern Michigan by any stretch

From what I'm hearing Flip City seems to be a ideal spot if you want to just stay put at a course for a day or two.

Yes

The plan (about an 8 hour drive) is drive up one weekend. Set up camp and play the course (two days). And head back home.

My question is are their usually campers on the course during the weekend. Is it good camping..Not to loud but not to quite. Would definitely like to quaff a few beers in the evening after the round and talk to fellow golfers about the "one that almost went in."

Just curious about what the atmosphere is like their.

The course is basically Bill's backyard. You're pretty much camping on his lawn. You might find a large group of campers there, you might find a few individuals, you might be alone. So the noise levels will be a crapshoot. More than likely Bill will join you for a beer or 2 at night though.

If you are planning on getting in two days of disc golf, get out and play some of the other courses in the area (Ludington). While I enjoyed playing Flip, it wouldn't be the type of course I'd want to play 4 or 5 times in one weekend.

Yeah I was bascially just thinking of flip as being my home base. How close are some of the other Michigan greats?

With the limited time I have I just didn't want to do a lot of driving around when I got their.

Probably two rounds a day (at most). Some leisure time during the day. And some time in the early evening to prepare dinner, etc.

Definitely check the Scene ahead of time to make sure you don't have any conflicts with Tournaments on the weekends.

https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Flip_City

If using Flip as home base, best bet is to check out the Ludington, MI area for other courses. This is where the Michigan State Championships is held every year. (Sept 5th - 6th) Best of luck!

Latest posts