• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floating Disc Suggestions?

natalya007

Hey everyone -

Thinking about investing in a floating disc and wondered if anyone had some good suggestions. Thanks!

Are you going to jump in after it? That is the first question
Dragon = understable driver
Wahoo = High speed understable with lots of fade
Hydra = overstable putt and approach
Dolphin - understable approach (OOP)

Check Lightning, they have many more. Aerobie has some crappy floaters

R-pro boss under 143 floats, but come on, 143?

Floating discs GGGT

Last edited:
Just get a good mold- teebird, eagle, destroyer sidewinder- whatever in DX. Then you have a good, pretty consistent disc & your only out $8 if it goes swimming

Just get a good mold- teebird, eagle, destroyer sidewinder- whatever in DX. Then you have a good, pretty consistent disc & your only out $8 if it goes swimming

This is exactly what I was gonna say...I'm getting a cheap plastic version of my go to mid and driver for water shots

We've got a hole at my local course (#3 at NSWC) that is basically surrounded by water. It's not a real long throw or a super small island (maybe 50-60' diameter). So I carry an old Sidewinder I found for that tee shot. I'm out $0 if something goes wrong. :p :p

As for Lightning - I picked up a #2 flyer that one site indicated would float. I tried it in some shallow water and found out it SINKS. I don't use it over water though since I found that I like it as an understable fairway.

Odyssey Ultra Long Range drivers float as well. There are two variants: flexible and stiff. The stiff ones can take a little power and fly out with a nice s-turn. The flexible ones will turn a little easier. Distance will be somewhere between a fairway driver and max distance driver.

They are not tree friendly - I have broken the center portion of an Odyssey ULR trying to throw down a tunnel and smacking a tree.

I would go with the cheap dx version of your favorite disc or a freebie you find. I live next to cliff stevens and the back nine is just water on 85% of the holes. if a disc floats ur still have to go get it in the water regardless so cheap or free the way to be.