• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floating Discs

I have learned the problem with floaters is YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE WATER AFTER THEM ANYWAYS. buy a $5 DX disc and take the risk. I buy floaters, but when it comes down to it, I don;t throw them much. I own 2 dragons and in total I have thrown them about 7 times in 2 years.

try the lightning discs, most of them float and they are cheaper than dx. plus the dragon only comes in 150g
the driver #2 works good from lightning
the dragon works for me but remember you may still need to get wet to retrieve it

I have two dragon disc and have learn to throw them pretty good. Some places have row boat to get floaters. If not have fun swimming!

I throw a R-Pro Hydra as my risky/windy putter over my HPP Voodoo and find that it is better in the wind and is very easy to get some good snap on. I know it's not a driver and that is what you were looking for, but specifically, the Hydra is a great floating disc.

I have really started to like my Hydra. For me, the floating is a bonus. I like to drive with it because it's thick, straight, and has a nice subtle flex to it. ...very subtle. Plus, I can drive mine about 200ft. But it does come in handy for those water shots that affect your confidence. Now I think it was either Billnchristy or Midnight, that talked to me about a Fat Max tape measure. I've pulled a few discs out of the water with it. (I live in SC, we have gators. I'm NOT going in the water here!) I highly recommend one for the bag, I would also recommend giving a Hydra a chance.

I throw a #2 Hyzer RHFH with success. I have thrown this disc on water holes and non-water holes. The Hyzer series is a good way to go for a FH thrower IMO.

I also have a #2 Driver from lightning and I turn that over quite easily FH, but it works nicely RHBH.

My brother, the first summer we were learning to play, threw a dragon on a hole that goes right over a pond. He threw it with so much hyzer that it crashed into the pond and sank straight to the bottom. It was his first throw with it.

Latest posts