• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Florida Trip

i_spock

Me and a buddy are heading to Florida the week of April 4. The primary goals are DG and craft beer. We're going to fly into Orlando on a Tuesday and by Thursday need to be in Tampa for him to meet up with a group going to the Frozen Four.

I've played River City before and thought we'd start there, then play another course in the area before making our way down to the Tampa area. I've heard there is some really great DG in the clearwater area also (KC designed courses?)

What would you do? What are the temps in Florida in early April? What great beer destinations are there besides Cigar City?

Also I don't want to check bags for the flight, anyone know if you can bring a carry-on suitcase *plus* a Grip A15 (full of discs) as your "personal item"?

Thanks!

In Orlando definitely stop by Bill Frederick Park and get the two for one - T2:Turkeynator and Turkey Lake.

In Clearwater stop by Cliff Stephens for the KC Mecca. Then head to Tampa for Cypress Point Park (KC designed) and then south Tampa for Picnic Island for a challenge overlooking Tampa Bay.

The weather in early April will probably be mid 70's to 80 or maybe a little higher. Probably still a little wind but most likely no or little rain.

I don't go bar hopping anymore but in Tampa is Ybor City which has a lot of bars in just a couple of blocks. If you drive watch out for the cops so you don't get a DUI.

Also I don't want to check bags for the flight, anyone know if you can bring a carry-on suitcase *plus* a Grip A15 (full of discs) as your "personal item"?

probably not, if you go by the strict definitions provided by most airlines. neither bag will fit under your seat, so they may make you check it at the gate. then again, they may let you slide. Over the years, since most airlines increased baggage fees, people try to carry on as much as they can, so they tend to crack down. good bet is to check the clothes and carry on the discs just to be sure they make it.

check out Dunedin Brewery,good food and beer. there are a few World of Beer around which you should check out if you've never been to one. hundreds of beers to choose from. I've only been to two and one had 150+, the other had over 300, the most taps I've ever seen.

Latest posts