• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] FLX Avenger SS

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Anyone thrown one of these? What do you think of this disc? How does it work for you.

i have but it was for tomahawk. it is what the SS means, super straight. if your looking for a stirght driver this might be it too. try the tl as well though.

Avenger SS - FLX

This disc is my primary driver. I can throw it long and straight with almost no effort. If you are a very hard thrower you will find the disc flippy. When I really try to pull through the throw I notice the disc will sit up for me and flip. If I just throw it with good form and don't try to go for max distance it will hold just about any line I put it on.

The FLX plastic is more flippy than the ESP (IMHO). A person I play with (Magnus) uses them also - he uses them for his hyzer-flip shots, and with his arm speed he can really crank them.

So I guess it depends on your throwing style - I typically throw straight shots to the pin, Magnus throws both - but for distance he throws the hyzer flip.

For MAX D
I throw on a rope for around 310-330 for max, Magnus pushes around 400-450 for his max with it.

For a standard throw - I can throw the avenger SS around 275 on a rope (with minimal effort).

It all really comes down to how you throw (Straight, or hyzer flip) and how hard you throw. I personally love the disc - I get great glide out of it, and it is very predictable for me.

I don't know why but my Avenger FLX SS is way more stable than my Star TL. Maybe its the dye?

My wife has never been able to throw anything as long and straight as her Champion Beast...until this weekend when she found an avenger SS (no name of course ;);)). She can throw it as straight but about 20' further than her beast. I threw it as hard as I could and it turned over but stayed up and went about 500', similar to what beasts do when I throw them hard.

I first got this disc around Oct. threw it in the practice field about 20 or so times never got it to go straight, always turned over fast and hard. sold it to a buddy. After working on form issues I have now bought another one and it is great, straight or that long slow anny that I used to have a really hard time with. did I mention it is long also, If you need more like a TL try the Surge SS it is by far the easiest disc I have ever thrown super straight with a predictable small hyser finish. I wouldn't play a round with out both of these.

I have an Elite-X Avenger SS, so my comments might not be totally applicable, but I find the disc REALLY flippy when I try to throw it hard and straight. The FLX might be more stable, but I've given up trying to use it for maximum distance until I develop my hyzer-flip skills a bit more. I have found it quite useful for planned anhyzer shots. Throw it out to the left on a high line, and watch it gently come back on a nice, gentle arc. That may be the best way to get maximum distance out of it, but it's so fast, I wish I could throw it straight and flat if it's called the "Super Straight." I hear the plain Avenger is more stable, so I'm thinking about looking into one of those.

I agree with the statements that this is a long range buzzz. In the woods at Basil park I hit a 150 'approach' shot right in. In fact, I've been getting a lot of approach shots in from the 150-50ft range with this disc lately. This thing just has eyes and it does what it's told. My buddy has a big arm and only the max weights won't flip over on him. I don't have the power he does so this is my go to disc, especially in the woods where you got to have the accuracy. Straight as can be and then it fades, but not too much as it deccelerates(?)

You guys talked me into it. Just ordered one online. Looking forward to trying it out.

ps I have two of different weights: I invariably only get one choice as a friend starts to play with the other one. I'm going to stop praising it. I also like the surge ss espflx... has a 1.6 stability rating vs. the avenger ss espflx's .5, but they're really similar to me. I use that surge as a forehand a lot.

My buddy has an avenger ss, he likes it a lot, to me it felt like my Orc, plastic was a little harder.
He freaking wings that thing real straight and long! I think it replaces his Teerex in the spring and summer. He would use it year round but its an orange tye dye, not ideal for fall.

I am currently using the FLX Avenger SS as my primary driver. A slight bit of hyzer on the release and it goes nice and straight once it levels out. I am still working on my snap, so anything requiring more power just goes left for me. I can consistently get a good 250-275 drive, and even further when I hit the sweet spot.

I can see how someone with more power would find this disc turning over on them.

My buddy has an avenger ss, he likes it a lot, to me it felt like my Orc, plastic was a little harder.
He freaking wings that thing real straight and long! I think it replaces his Teerex in the spring and summer. He would use it year round but its an orange tye dye, not ideal for fall.

this disc also makes an awesome tomahawk disc but as far as plastic if you want a flippy version go with esp flx. it feels just like a magnet.

I have one and I really like it. The thing will go exactly where you want it to go, provided you throw accurately. My problem is I tend to lob it up in the air like a frisbee, so I'm all over the place.

So rather than create a new thread...

Had a Roadrunner that I wanted to be a hyzer-flip or long anhyzer disc and it never quite did it for me, not that I threw it a whole lot before I lost it. I would get what looked like it would be a long anhyzer throw but it would come back, and make a big S.

So, to replace it, looking to get a little more of what I originally was looking for, I just ordered an Avenger SS in ESP FLX plastic in the same weight my Roadrunner was.

What should I expect from this disc throwing around 300'?

What should I expect from this disc throwing around 300'?

I'm right at the 300' power area and throw an avenger ss.

The avenger ss is a good disc to own for a person of our power potential. At 300 it will go pretty much dead straight. It is easy to anny with out too much effort if you release it as such. It's also the first disc I've been able to hyzerflip, just release on hyzer angle and crank it.

Also, I only tried this a few times, but in a headwind if you release it on a hyzer, the disc will flip flat and fly very nicely.

I have a max weight 174, I got one at that weight because I've heard stories of them being flippy, so I figured I'd get the most stable version I could (with out buying it in Z.)