• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flying with Discs

NothinButChing

* Ace Member *
I was wondering who has flown with discs..

more specifically carried them onto a plane.. I have read thru airline permitted items but discs are no where on list.

I want to take like 3-4 discs to Cali during my stay in the bay next week.. and by the way what is the don't miss course in SF/OAK area?

I took two in my carry-on bag the first week of May and wasn't questioned at all, kind of surprised actually.

I did take some in my carry on and they asked what it was and gave me the scrunchy face and said, "Disc golf???" Then they let me take them after that.

I have never been stopped or asked about discs at all by the TSA. I'm somewhat surprised by that.

Haha i dyed a bomb on my nuke but I just use my fade crunch as my personal item along with a regular carry on. I've thrown them in terminal waiting and was told be careful don't break anything and other wondered what I was doing

I have flown several times with discs. It's real easy. Just put them in a bag and check them in. I don't want to see you in the group of other A-holes that is taking either 2 bags or 1 large bag on the plane. If you try to kick my computer bag out of the overhead I'll say 'screw you'! And I 'll say that to the flight attendant too. Don't be a d*ck. Take the time to check your bag. Plus you can squeeze a few extra discs in that way. I have a small Innova bag that I fold up and throw on the bottom of my suitcase. Stack some discs on top, then pile on your clothes.

Just don't bring your starting lineup in case the airline loses your bag. They are still looking for my bag from late April. Luckily I had no discs on that flight.

Airlines

I just flew to South Carolina and back with discs in my carry on, no problems what so ever. I went thru security at Scaramento CA and Columbia SC.

Have a safe trip

Flew to cali a few years back. Took my (at the time) innova competition bag with quad shocks as a carry on. no problems at all. the security people that scanned it did joke they wondered what they were so i showed them. the x-ray must have looked really funny

Definately carry on your discs! You just can't risk them losing your babies! It is more of surprise then anything wiht the TSA.

they scanned my bag a 2nd time, then turned it on it's side and scanned a 3rd time and then decided there was nothing funky.

\/\/

My son (CarpeDiem) and I just flew to Cali on saturday and both of us took our full bags on the plane. Neither one of us was questioned. Mine was actually very handy as my only carry-on with all the pockets and water bottle pouch.

I fly with my Innova Comp bag every month or so and they always scan it twice. once, the lady asked to open it and asked me what they were. She asked if they would hurt her and I told her they would if I threw them at her. she smiled and let me go.

Latest posts