• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

footwear for Disc Golf ?

I wear a pair of shoes that are old and won't bother me if they get dirty or nasty - currently it's my old pair of Nike Shox.

Keen is fantastic for supporting disc golf and everything...but I can't afford $100+ shoes just for DG. I'm not the type to wear hiking shoes around.

These are from Lands End and are on sale for $19.99. I had a pair that lasted me two season of hiking, disc golf, motorcycling, beach combing and casual wear. They are more grippy then the Keens and grip most excellent on everything even wet rocks.

I did just buy a pair of Keens because I needed a pair badly and couldn't wait the the three to five days for shipping. I actually like the Lands End shoe better.

thanks again for all the input! I got the birthday coming up and ill let ya know what i got and how they work :thmbup:

The Montrail Hardrock is money, it's stiff with a rock protection plate in the sole which makes it hold up great for disc golf...the ones i'm speaking of are, however, about 2 to 3 years old...Montrail has completely revamped their shoes and their styles so quality could have changed.

Also, Brooks Cascadia...perfect traction and awesome colors. Has what is called a ballistic rock shield in them as well...however not as stiff as the Montrail Hardrocks which makes them a bit more comfortable and they arent quite as high on your ankle.

I mostly play in vibram five fingers, but they really are so much better on natural tee boxes. Maybe the newer trail version, the kso trek, would be sweet for DG.

Also see North Face Hedgehogs. lightweight for a hiker and gore tex with vibram sole.

I work in a shoe store and it's a habit for me now to like check out every pair of shoes we have to see if I think they'd be legit for disc golf. haha.

Good luck on your hunt!

Last edited:
I play in an old pair of Nike trail running shoes. Mainly because they have excellent tread that ensures little to no slippage in the mud. I had to superglue the tread back on the toe from dragging my foot. When they finally die I will go with some low-top hiking shoes that I can waterproof easily. I occasionally wear my Teva Dozers which keep my feet cool and dry quickly if I have to get wet.

Attachments

• 25291.jpg
    25291.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 7