• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

ian.

*Legalize It*
Did a lil search and saw a few threads about specific molds but nothing for Legacy in general so yeah figured that it was needed. Share your thoughts, pictures and all around general love for all that is LEGACY :) I am new to the Legacy addiction but i will share a pic to get things rolling... pearly purple Rivals from Moose

Attachments

• 0202141116_0001.jpg
    0202141116_0001.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 307
Great plastic and great molds!! Really look forward to any release from them.

I picked up a really nice pearly Pinnacle Rival earlier this winter from the used bin.

The few times I've thrown it, I really like it. Unfortunately, it's white and we've had a lot of snow. I can't wait until the snow is finally gone so I can really get to know this disc.

I have not checked out other molds. There are just so many disc manufacturers now, and so little space in the bag.....

I've become a really big fan of the Ghost. I haven't got the chance to try any other molds yet. Patriot and Rival are on my 'to buy' list though.

Why did you have to start this thread when I was starting my day at work?!?! I'll post some pics when I get home tonight. Can't say enough good about Legacy.

Best plastic in the game! The pearly Pinnacle is as close to the old 11 KC Pro plastic as I've ever seen, and it's available across the entire weight range, not just <170.

Absolutely fell in love with Patriots. Beat out the F7, Leopard, River, Secret Weapon, and Underworld for the understable spot in my bag. The 168 gummy Pinnacle in there now was stable-overstable enough when it was new that it even replaced my TeeBird for a few months. It's since hit its sweet spot to fly like a new "normal" Patriot. My Icon is taking the place of my white Pinnacle until it comes back from DyeingToPlay and is seasoning to hold some great really understable lines better than the Underworld ever did.

Ghosts aren't too shabby either. Why pay the premium for an older Roc to get good plastic when you can pick one of these up off the shelf for regular prices?!?! Love them in Gravity and Legend. They're my "fun round" midrange and impress me so much during those rounds that they're slowly winning me over for a spot in my regular bag.

well said tbird!!! i was telling my buddy last night how my soft pearly pinnacle feels awful close to my pearly ole kc pro teebirds. Somehow i had manged to not try ANY of their stuff until about two weeks ago and i am no hooked! Went from none to now throwing a Ghost lineup, Gauge, Patriots, Rivals and Clozers.. itching to try the Bandit and Mongoose when its out too .. havent been this excited to throw new plastic in.. well maybe ever!

@ Teebz ... so is the Icon Patriot more understable then the Pinnacle?

@ Teebz ... so is the Icon Patriot more understable then the Pinnacle?

My 172 Icon and (from what I remember, mine has been at DTPs for a while) my 172 Pinnacle are pretty close. So happy about that because I prefer Pinnacle plastic to Icon plastic. My FR Icon Rival is less overstable than my Pinnacles though.

Legacy is a brand i will gladly go out of my way to support but likely never bag. The molds I've tried are great, and are closest 'mimics' of the most popular molds out there. The plastic is fantastic quality. Unfortunately I am stocked up on what i throw and don't have room in my setup for anything.

I like the Ghosts alot. I've wanted to try a Bandit, the Patriots seem pretty nice, and I'd probably like a Magnet Clutch.

Haven't thrown/seen anyone throwing the other molds. Other than the Bandit, Clutch, and Ghost, they haven't really interested me enough to pay much attention. Or pay my money. For things besides Ghosts :p

here is my new pearly pre-barry leopa... oops i mean .. :p

Attachments

• 0207140905 (1).jpg
    0207140905 (1).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 182
Love rivals and patriots! The gauge is an awesomely straight mid. Both the cannon and rampage bomb, but their flight numbers should be switched.

My favorite disc that I own is a 168 white pinnacle rival. It is so straight. I was pretty surprised how much hss it has for being on the lighter side.

If and when they come out with a Firechicken or when Rico stops throwing firechickens. I may seriously try a bag of Legacy. Everything else looks solid.

Patriots and clutches are bag staples. Gravity plastic is surprisingly durable with the ghost, and icon makes it a very reasonable premium roc like disc. The gauge is a very nice neutral workable mid, and in general all their molds are solid. And the plastic is excellent.

If and when they come out with a Firechicken or when Rico stops throwing firechickens. I may seriously try a bag of Legacy. Everything else looks solid.

yeah im currently throwing all Legacy other then my Firechickens and Zones.. well and maybe a pd or two

Of all the new companies that have been popping up over the last 4-5 years, Legacy and Vibram are definitely my favorite two. I have some really sweet Legacy stuff I've gotten of Lion that I could post pics of if I ever get a chance. Seems like they care more about the disc golf than any potential profits if that makes sense.

Legacy is a brand i will gladly go out of my way to support but likely never bag. The molds I've tried are great, and are closest 'mimics' of the most popular molds out there. The plastic is fantastic quality. Unfortunately I am stocked up on what i throw and don't have room in my setup for anything.

Sad but true for me too. I buy as much plastic I can afford(and then some), and it's never enough. I'm still replacing all the discs I lost at Maricopa last month(Actually I'm still in the process of determining how many I lost down there, ugh).

I've only just started trying out ghosts, the Legacy plastics are interesting for using as "cycling" discs through as they wear.

I'm not sure how/if they'll work yet, but wearing discs in and then bringing in new ones seems to make me way more consistent than trying to find various molds to fill any mid-range shot. I formerly used kcpro rocs, then when that plastic went to crap switched to super pro rocs which quickly went inconsistent, leading me to x-wasps which is now oop . . . . if the Legacy plastics can stay consistent and the ghost flies as well in the warm weather as my few chances to get out in the snow have gone, it'll be a real winner and make it much more interesting to look at the other discs that Legacy is making.

The cannon and rampage are the only other molds I've tried and I'm way too old/broken-down to throw them anywhere except here on the internet -- I get both of them out to about 450' here.

Legacy has been a taking over my bag. I cant wait to try their next disc, the Mongoose thats coming out soon.

Latest posts