• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Does anybody know what the deal is with these Aztec Serpent-stamped Badger's? I was under the impression that the Badger was flat; the Aztec Serpent I have has a pop-top dome. It's a really weird looking disc; the top and wing design don't mesh at all so it's got an almost grove top feel leading to a huge pop-top dome. Is that what these are supposed to look like?

Some of them came out domey in the center, some of them came out flat. The pop top domes seem to be the most OS ones. I thought it was weird when I first got it but then I threw it and compared to the flat toped Aztec Serpent I have, I like it better. I also have a puddle top Halloween glow Badger and it is about the same as the flat top Aztec Serpent.

The Badger/Aztec Serpent is the best addition to my bag in a really long time for the wooded courses I play where utility scrambling is at a premium.

Some of them came out domey in the center, some of them came out flat. The pop top domes seem to be the most OS ones. I thought it was weird when I first got it but then I threw it and compared to the flat toped Aztec Serpent I have, I like it better. I also have a puddle top Halloween glow Badger and it is about the same as the flat top Aztec Serpent.

The Badger/Aztec Serpent is the best addition to my bag in a really long time for the wooded courses I play where utility scrambling is at a premium.
The pop top one I have made my car run off the left side of the road. :| It's stupidly overstable.

So how does the Badger compare to the Pursuit? I don't actually have a Pursuit but I was eyeballing one in case I lose my Verdict

So how does the Badger compare to the Pursuit? I don't actually have a Pursuit but I was eyeballing one in case I lose my Verdict

The Pursuit is more like the First Run Buzzz OS. Its a bit more beef than a Verdict. You can really mash on a Pursuit and it will not turn and burn. They hold force over flex shots really well. I love them. The Badger on the other hand likes to go out a ways and then turn to vertical and go right into the ground. It's similar to a Justice but with a better feel in the hand. I have not thrown a Mutant but the Badger wing looks very similar minus the bead.

It's a long story, but I have one of Sarah Hokom's field tested Rivals. Also have a 1st Run Ghost, turquoise with red stamp. A few 1st run Outlaws as well. Haven't thrown any of them.

The Pursuit is more like the First Run Buzzz OS. Its a bit more beef than a Verdict. You can really mash on a Pursuit and it will not turn and burn. They hold force over flex shots really well. I love them. The Badger on the other hand likes to go out a ways and then turn to vertical and go right into the ground. It's similar to a Justice but with a better feel in the hand. I have not thrown a Mutant but the Badger wing looks very similar minus the bead.

I was looking at grabbing a Pursuit, solely for the stamp/name, but this has me intrigued. Do you have any experience with the DGA Quake, since the one FR Buzzz OS I threw was stupid OS, and I've never thrown another mid that is that OS.

I've never thrown a Quake. What I know is that if the Firebird were a mid, it would be called the Pursuit. It's got the HSS you can rely on and the fade is consistent and strong without being dumpy. It replaced my Gator because it's longer and feels better in my hand. I got two (Icon 175g and 180g) hoping to beat the 175g in to straighten it out some. It's getting there slowly but I haven't needed to put in the second one yet. It's the closest thing I've found yet to the FR Buzzz OS.

I was looking at grabbing a Pursuit, solely for the stamp/name, but this has me intrigued. Do you have any experience with the DGA Quake, since the one FR Buzzz OS I threw was stupid OS, and I've never thrown another mid that is that OS.

for me, pursuit is more OS than a ring of gator gator, and less OS than a mutant (which I gather is in the same realm as justice). so definitely very dependably OS but not unusably so

I just put a Pinnacle Pursuit in the bag, so take this with the requisite (and proverbial) grain of salt, but for me it is all-around more OS than a standard run Buzzz OS and same stability but with less carry (not glide) than the DGA Quake. I ditched BOS' quite some time ago because Discraft just wasn't churning them out, but if I hadn't, I still wouldn't see much overlap between the Pursuit and the BOS. I really liked the Quake for forehands and spike hyzers, and the Pursuit fills that spot for me though I was never a regular Quake thrower.

Anyone compare a Pursuit or Badger and a Gila? How about this one, anybody throwing Rampages or Cannons at all? tried the Outlaw and found it underwhelming but got to throw a Pinn Rampage and man did it move for me. Any preferences on weight or plastic in either distance mold?

Anyone compare a Pursuit or Badger and a Gila? How about this one, anybody throwing Rampages or Cannons at all? tried the Outlaw and found it underwhelming but got to throw a Pinn Rampage and man did it move for me. Any preferences on weight or plastic in either distance mold?

I threw Rampages and currently throw Cannons, I'll give some input when I get home from work!

How about this one, anybody throwing Rampages or Cannons at all? tried the Outlaw and found it underwhelming but got to throw a Pinn Rampage and man did it move for me. Any preferences on weight or plastic in either distance mold?

What did you find underwhelming about the Outlaw? What do you want someone to compare the Rampage/Cannon to an Outlaw about? Are you hoping for anything specific?

Below is a post of mine a few years ago about Cannons, I can try to answer more once I hear back. I no longer agree with everything I said in my self quote but it's a decent starting point for the Cannon topic.

**I can't throw quite as far these days, I've been throwing less and less for the past 5+ years and both my form and consistency have declined.

I bought some 5years (limited run fifth anniversary) and Howitzers (new non-5year stamp also with translucent Pinnacle) and have thrown both a fair amount by now.

5years are BEEEEEF. Like, X X 0 4 or +1/4 or 0/5...even with 450' of power I can easily **** up a drive with them. Overhand, skippy longer Firebird shots, FH rollers, thumber skips, grenades, those type of shots are getting a ton of love. Still can't confidently BH distance drive them without some solid headwind or a serious flex - just too overstable. I will say I've noticed some of the overstability lessening with age but mere mortals should probably never purchase one unless they want a speed 14 Stego. NOTHING close to the -3/3 flight a Cannon is described as.

Howitzers are somewhat of a middleman. Absolutely not -3/3 but also not the monster that is the 5year. More 0/3 -1/3 or so? BH flex shots or torquey FHs may love these, I find it as a perfect addition to my lineup. SuperOS 5year, Howitzer, Legend, lighter weight (167-168) production run opaque Aqua Pinnacle. Easy to cover everything beyond "control driver" shots...even use the more beat Aqua for low ceiling/low line fairway and control driver shots as well. BH distance rollers too. Teebird distance with no height to work with or confident run up? Yes please.

Legend Cannons tend to be flat (other runs often vary) and sit between opaque Pinnacle and the Howitzer translucent as far as stability goes. Start with a nice little bit of beef compared to the -3/3 turn and fade numbers a Cannon represents but with even a bit of wear they fly reliable and true. Maybe -2/3? I also recently acquired a few slime green Grinder Legends that are stupidly pop topped...among the domiest discs I've ever owned. They're back in that 0/3 -1/3 range that I labeled my Howitzer stamps with. Great for field practice repetitions but they won't see a bag of mine until my Howies are all lost.

What did you find underwhelming about the Outlaw? What do you want someone to compare the Rampage/Cannon to an Outlaw about? Are you hoping for anything specific?

Below is a post of mine a few years ago about Cannons, I can try to answer more once I hear back. I no longer agree with everything I said in my self quote but it's a decent starting point for the Cannon topic.

**I can't throw quite as far these days, I've been throwing less and less for the past 5+ years and both my form and consistency have declined.

I found the outlaw to be glideless and not as OS as I would like in a go-to driver mold. I cycle a combo of Avery and Halo star destroyers and sirius scorpius. Compared head to head with outlaws, the destroyer cycle worked better across a wider range of shots. I was only able to get 2nd run outlaws at the time, so that's my sole experience with the mold.

Since shoulder surgery last June I've am still working on grip strength and have been dealing with a small bit of nerve damage in my throwing hand pinky and ring finger. I have found that wider rims are easier to grip post surgery. So when I tossed a pinn rampage around recently I found more glide than the outlaws with a faster destroyer-ish type flight. So curiosity was piqued.

I am looking for someone who throws rampages/cannons as a go-to. So I can ask for info on how they season and if it's worth the headache of tracking down the harder to find Legacy Stuff vs finding another wider rimmed driver to cycle. It would also be cool to support the Ricos.

Latest posts