• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

forearm tendonitis

Typo above: reducing swelling helps **prevent** further damage when working the impacted area.

To imply - ice it if you're gonna work it, otherwise let it do its thing. (If that wasn't clear)

Interesting. Standard procedure at physical therapy is usually heating pad first, then work it out, then ice it.

Interesting. Standard procedure at physical therapy is usually heating pad first, then work it out, then ice it.

Ice blunts the bodies ability to heal after a workout, so will NSAIDs. Minimum of 45 minutes after a workout before Ice, 2 hours is better.

The forearm has been wrecked since 8/26. BH & putting with no problem but tried to lightly FH my AviarX3 today & it was painful. This kind of thing takes a long time to heal up.

Ice blunts the bodies ability to heal after a workout, so will NSAIDs. Minimum of 45 minutes after a workout before Ice, 2 hours is better.
Is there anything showing reduction of long term pliability in tendons/ligaments related to icing? I thought I'd seen some stuff but I can't find it for the life of me right now. I know there's stuff out there regarding same w. NSAIDs.

Is there anything showing reduction of long term pliability in tendons/ligaments related to icing? I thought I'd seen some stuff but I can't find it for the life of me right now. I know there's stuff out there regarding same w. NSAIDs.

I have not heard of this, but you have sent me down another rabbit hole looking for it.

So it's been 3 months & my forearm still hasn't healed. Super frustrating. I didn't expect this.

I would seek a holistic treatment, seek the advice of a bunch of guys who chuck plastic and look into a nutrition regiment to help solve the problem. Lastly, consult Ricky Wysocki. ;)

Go see a damn doctor.

Sadly, this is what old guys have to do.

I'm getting there. It was starting to feel normal the past few days so I decided to take my Stalkers out to the field to see what's up. I don't wind up hard with my Stalkers on a FH but I tried a couple throws. Each time I got a terrible shooting pain from my elbow to my wrist. Yeah, it's serious.

The forearm has been wrecked since 8/26. BH & putting with no problem but tried to lightly FH my AviarX3 today & it was painful. This kind of thing takes a long time to heal up.

So it's been 3 months & my forearm still hasn't healed. Super frustrating. I didn't expect this.

Just here to point out the captain obvious. Each time you've tried to throw, you've just made it worse and prolonged the healing process. I had to stop playing for 6 months once. It sucks, and reading about disc golf only makes you want to go out and throw. Even just throwing casual, soft, etc, etc, still has lot of moving parts and can cause further injury. You really just have to dead stop and get proper treatment, and let the things heal. One thing that "fools" you about ruptures, you "think" you're healing due to the scar tissue that builds up and seems to strengthen your injury. And then you go out and throw and have pain, well..that pain is the scar tissue tearing off and you realize you haven't healed...properly.

"When to Call a Doctor : Most forearm strains or cases of tendinitis don't require a doctor visit, but for more severe strains you'll want to go. A doctor can help find out just how badly injured you are and if there are any other injuries or complications that go along with it.

Mild strains usually heal up in a week or two. Grade 2 problems can linger for six weeks. Grade 3 strains will require surgery to repair the rupture. The key with forearm strains is to let them heal completely. They tend to hang around or to come back if you don't give them enough time to heal and rehab properly. Be mindful of pain as you return to activity and back off when you need to."

After 4 months I was finally able to throw FH's in a field without pain in my forearm. I was able to throw my Valkyries on some hard FH's & knock the rust off. I think I'm going to rest it another month just to make sure it heals fully & keep my eye on a B-Tier in April.

It's funny that my issue is actually called 'golfer's elbow' since it is on the inside part of my forearm beneath the elbow. If it's on the outer part it's called 'tennis elbow'.

If anyone ever has this issue I strongly suggest to rest it fully. I kept making the mistake of testing it too early & likely making it worse.

After 4 months I was finally able to throw FH's in a field without pain in my forearm. I was able to throw my Valkyries on some hard FH's & knock the rust off. I think I'm going to rest it another month just to make sure it heals fully & keep my eye on a B-Tier in April.

Great! Not the response most people would have. Just anecdotally, my recurring tendinitis from other activities has responded best with this sort of exaggerated rest.

It's funny that my issue is actually called 'golfer's elbow' since it is on the inside part of my forearm beneath the elbow. If it's on the outer part it's called 'tennis elbow'.

If anyone ever has this issue I strongly suggest to rest it fully. I kept making the mistake of testing it too early & likely making it worse.

Developed tendonitis for the first time last month. Stopped working out, and only throwing once a week, but even my normal spin putt hurts. Don't have a forehand, but just tried the motion in the office, and that hurt as well.

I'm going to be going crazy the next few months. A shovel putt like Ricky's doesn't hurt, so I guess I'm going to learn my putt all over again, and see how far I can progress my lefty game.

Developed tendonitis for the first time last month. Stopped working out, and only throwing once a week, but even my normal spin putt hurts. Don't have a forehand, but just tried the motion in the office, and that hurt as well.

I'm going to be going crazy the next few months. A shovel putt like Ricky's doesn't hurt, so I guess I'm going to learn my putt all over again, and see how far I can progress my lefty game.

It took me about 4 months for mine to go away. I'm slowly working my forehand back. Being really cautious.

Check out YouTube to find videos from doctors & physical therapists about how to look after it. Resting it is #1 but there are stretches & other things that help too.

I started lifting weights again after the third month minus curls. I think just holding a dumbbell helped to gain strength back in my tendon.

I was able to putt & throw backhand the whole time. Just no forehand. It was really specific. Is yours on the inner or outer part of your forearm?

It took me about 4 months for mine to go away. I'm slowly working my forehand back. Being really cautious.

Check out YouTube to find videos from doctors & physical therapists about how to look after it. Resting it is #1 but there are stretches & other things that help too.

I started lifting weights again after the third month minus curls. I think just holding a dumbbell helped to gain strength back in my tendon.

I was able to putt & throw backhand the whole time. Just no forehand. It was really specific. Is yours on the inner or outer part of your forearm?

Outer. Tried some forehands at lunch just now, and it hurt as well. My lefty throw is so bad it feels like I've been drugged and my body won't do what it's told. Gonna be some frustrating months ahead.

Outer. Tried some forehands at lunch just now, and it hurt as well. My lefty throw is so bad it feels like I've been drugged and my body won't do what it's told. Gonna be some frustrating months ahead.

Mine is at the inner forearm under the elbow. On the outside like yours is called 'tennis elbow'.

I would go month to month. Shut it down completely & give it a light test at the start of Feb. Go from there.

Latest posts