• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand control grip

Darth Anovin

Eagle Member
When I drive forehand, my grip is basically index and middle fingers straight and together against the inner part of the rim. However, when trying to fh an approach, this grip just doesn't work or feel comfortable. Any other grips out there for this type of shot? Pics would be awesome! Thanks peoples.

When I drive forehand, my grip is basically index and middle fingers straight and together against the inner part of the rim. However, when trying to fh an approach, this grip just doesn't work or feel comfortable. Any other grips out there for this type of shot? Pics would be awesome! Thanks peoples.

what I do is put my middle finger on the rim and the index out on the flight plate. More like a fan grip.

what I do is put my middle finger on the rim and the index out on the flight plate. More like a fan grip.

This works great for thowing mids and putters for me. It seems like it is a more stable grip for a shorter shot with not as much power. I can rip a buzzz out to 250' straight as an arrow. http://www.acerunners.com/hd-tutorials/?pi=52 this is the grip I use.

This works great for thowing mids and putters for me. It seems like it is a more stable grip for a shorter shot with not as much power. I can rip a buzzz out to 250' straight as an arrow. http://www.acerunners.com/hd-tutorials/?pi=52 this is the grip I use.

I should clarify I use this grip with mids and putters. I just use my pointer finger for drives. Like chrishysell said you can get more angles this way. It is sometimes a less stable grip but I have a ton of torque (I was a pitcher in high school) that usually stabilizes any OAT that may occur in early flight.

I only throw with one finger, it gives me many more release angles.

This, Index finger win.

2dt0t9k.jpg

o0wcgo.jpg

put your index and middel fingers in a V on the bottom of the disc then take your thumb and rest it on top. you can rest your index finger on the inside of the rim also if this feels a lil bit to akward at first.

In addition to more angles a single finger has more snap. It's easily testable and kind of obvious that the springiest ligaments in your wrist which move in that direction are more tied to your pointer than your middle finger.

In addition to more angles a single finger has more snap. It's easily testable and kind of obvious that the springiest ligaments in your wrist which move in that direction are more tied to your pointer than your middle finger.

2 fingers are fine but just lead to a bit less of a clean snap. It's easy to switch between the two with practice.

two fingers. index rests near the center of the disc, and the middle sets on the rim. I use a quick hand snap with a good release angle(in other words, try not to put much arm or body movement into the throw.). I have found rhynos and drone flx great for side arm approaches and putts.

I suck at getting any distance out of my side arm, but for midrange shots, this strategy seems to work well.