• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Forget the Buzz, the Drone is the best

Adaven

Eagle Member
Just got a FLX Drone in a trade with Craftsman today and wow am I impressed. I like the Buzz but I suspect this overstable disc is going to be my favorite mid for some time to come. Sure the Buzz is great for straight shots but try to get a hard hyzer out of it. Anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy?

I like them both, but they're not really comparable. I have been using the Drone more than the Buzzz lately, but that is because of the courses I've been playing as of late. I never think "Oh, which one should I use this time?" It's always blatantly obvious which disc I'm going to pull depending on what type of shot is needed. When it's all said and done, they compliment each other quite nicely.

The Nebula is muy caliente. It dropkicked my Buzzz out of my bag. I prefer a Sentinel for an overstable mid but I might try a Drone one day.

I like the Drone, but to me, it's an entirely different beast to be used for different types of shots from the Buzzz. It's probably my favorite forehand approach disc since I don't have to worry about it turning over. I did try the FLX, but it was a little too floppy for my liking, so now I use the Z Drone.

Glad you like it! I love drones cause you can really toss 'em hard without worries of turnover. Also I've seen 'em thrown very successfully forehand ( not by me)

I like the Drone, but to me, it's an entirely different beast to be used for different types of shots from the Buzzz. It's probably my favorite forehand approach disc since I don't have to worry about it turning over. I did try the FLX, but it was a little too floppy for my liking, so now I use the Z Drone.

If your thinking of the l.e. the productions are a lil stiffer now. I am thinking of getting a z or two for glow:) but my buddy wants me to go halves on another misprint deal. Also, doss style: having a drone in the bag but no buzzz

I like my Drone very much, but it took me a while to get used to it. It has very little glide and requires you put something on it every time you throw it. When it's windy, I haven't thrown a better mid, though.

I am so glad to see this thread. I got both a cryztal buzz and flx drone in my misprint deal and I love them both for different reasons. the buss is THE best straight mid I have ever thrown. drained a 120'+ putt with it the first time out that I had no choice but to throw hard and staight. But I was having a hard time with hyzer shots, so I tried my drone out. A little soft for my liking, but it flies great. Both are great discs and will have a spot in my bag for a long time to come.

The only discs you need for midrange and putting:

FLX Buzzz
FLX Challenger
FLX Drone

Absolutely love the drone! It took me a little while to get used to the disc, and really figure out how best to throw it, but now it is probably my most accurate disc in the bag for shots in the 225-350 range. I really like that it doesn't have much glide, so the distance it goes is directly related to hard you throw it. I feel like some of the other mids I carry will sometimes go a lot further than intended if you are trying to 'finesse' them, but the drone just goes where you throw it and sits down. I have also found that it has surprisingly little skip for such an overstable disc, and for a midrange disc I don't want the thing to be hopping on me at all.

idk if you can compare the two, they are both completely different and made for different kinds of shots, but glad u like it nonetheless

i also love the drone and nebula...my fav is the z drone, very little glide as mentioned, but my ESP is very flexy and has a lot more dome, acts much less overstable...also have a pro d that is somewhere in between the other two...

People compare the buzz to other discs all the time. example "the buzz is the best disc I own", that is a comparison to every other disc someone owns. I understand that they are very different discs but in my opinion I think the Drone is going to be more reliable for me.

The FLX Drone is nice, but the Z Drone is awesome and it replaced it in my bag for the summer. Im sure I'll get the FLX back out in the late fall.

I always find Z to be pretty skippy and I have never really liked that in a Mid. Do you throw with the intention of getting a little skip or is it not really a problem?

People compare the buzz to other discs all the time. example "the buzz is the best disc I own", that is a comparison to every other disc someone owns. I understand that they are very different discs but in my opinion I think the Drone is going to be more reliable for me.

Yeah but that is why everyone hates Roc VS Buzzz threads. A roc vs Wasp thread makes more sense because they're much more similar molds where as the former is just a popularity contest.

Latest posts