• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form and dog frisbee?

craftsman

* Ace Member *
I'm looking for a frisbee that will help with my form but my catch parter is gonna be my rotty. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

My friend throws r-pro aviar's with his dogs....

I think r-pro would be the best "dog friendly" plastic. Maybe try an r-pro roc?....

I throw a champ groove for my dog. Champion plastic is about the only thing that he wont destroy in seconds. The groove is the only thing that I wasn't worried about him destroying. Otherwise I use Jawz discs, they are indestructible.

I'm looking for a frisbee that will help with my form but my catch parter is gonna be my rotty. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A champ something in a mid or putter. The Super Hero is something on the order of champ plastic but has much thinner flight plate than any golf disc. I think a Rott's teeth would have a harder time tearing up a golf disc.

FWIW, my Super Hero is the catch disc that I keep in my truck. I've always liked the fastback mold.

*off topic*

I've always wondered what those icons mean beside some users names. Like the user two posts back? the crown and medal thing?....

and ya, jawz discs are awesome!...

Last edited:
SuperHero

/thread
Indubitably my good man.
*off topic*

I've always wondered what those icons mean beside some users names. Like the user two posts back? the crown and medal thing?....

and ya, jawz discs are awesome!...

The medal denotes Trusted Reviewer status, bronze, silver, gold, and diamond. The crown denotes that you paid DGCR for more features.

Anyone try these discs with a dog that lives to chew things apart? How'd they hold up?

Thanks for the responses folks:)
I'm a little worried she will tear through a superhero but I'll give it a try.
I've tried some of the "unchewable" dog discs but they didn't throw very true- and she still bit them up. She doesn't chew discs so I'd like to keep the distinction between em.

Well, the Superheros are "puncture resistant." I don't think there's a disc alive that a dog can't chew up if it has a mind to, and if there is, it probably doesn't throw worth a damn. The champ on Superhero (they make a Star one too) is very gummy so it probably makes it harder for dog's to puncture since it gives.

But they are absolutely a blast to throw though.