• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form and filming critque

KGroff25

Birdie Member

This is my first time shooting, editing, and uploading a video. I'd love a critique on shooting better videos just as much or mores than I'd love form critique. Also I'll probably get better on throwing smoothly on camera. I felt like I was rushing and chucking at will to get throws in and keep the video as short as possible rather than trying to focus on throwing cleanly.

This summer I was consistently getting my flippy destroyers and D4 out to 400 on golf lines and pushing 420 if I really needed it. Rocs consistently to 315 and as far as 330ish on golf lines. I feel like as the winter and rain has set I started focusing more on getting decent footing and a clean release consistently and my distance has suffered noticeably. I'd like to get some more hips and legs back into my throw and clean up anything going on with my upper body as well.

As far as filming, this was shot on my Galaxy S6 on a tripod in the auto setting. I edited it together, added captions, and slowed it down to half speed using Windows Move Maker. I've never done any of that before, so my focus was just to throw something together, learn what I could in the process, and hopefully get some tips on how to get better.
I'm thinking for the next session I'll try turning up the resolution and also film a couple throws using the slow motion setting to see what kind of difference it makes.

Any suggestions on format? Does loading a couple clips to gyfcat make more sense than a long youtube video?

How about camera angles? I feel like I missed on getting my from behind angle.

Reminds me of HUB's earlier form before bracing and hooking everything or releasing early. You are rounding the swing and your arm/disc is way behind the shoulder which is way open(hugging yourself) at the hit/release, instead of being wide/extended from your center. You are leaning away from the target past your rear foot during the stride, so you are outside of your posture/off balance. You are trying to shift your weight back, but that is not what you want to do because you end up just throwing your upper body back forward over the top without bracing/shifting your weight through posture. You want to stay balanced/centered inside your posture and your weight will automatically shift, just like walking...you don't try to shift your weight, it shifts by maintaining your balance and moving yourself forward. You should be turning your core more inside your posture rather than leaning back and forth.

Your video format is decent. Use the simple construction if you decide to make more videos. May including a 2nd camera to capture the 2nd angle would be handy.

Latest posts