• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Fortress

Kind of, the rim is wider for sure. To me the Stag feels like it is faster than it's size and the Fortress feels slower. So, yeah it's faster, but not a ton.

Depends on how you look at things being "faster". The Fortress has a much higher power requirement compared to the Stag if you expecting it to stand up and fly straight aways.

Stag has a 1.9 rim, Fortress has 2.0, so not much difference. Looking at the numbers it looks manageable. Ahti is the one that looks like pure beef, and it is also 2.0.

I'll defer to those who have thrown em tho.

You'll like the Fortress. It's quite a bit more beef than a Stag though. It's not a small jump. It's still manageable though and the Fortress will be great in a brisk headwind.

My Fortress has been sitting on a bin waiting for a job to do. We finally have some wind, so it may make the bag. I can't ever remember a longer period of virtually windless conditions than this Summer/Fall.

Stag has a 1.9 rim, Fortress has 2.0, so not much difference. Looking at the numbers it looks manageable. Ahti is the one that looks like pure beef, and it is also 2.0.

I'll defer to those who have thrown em tho.

The Ahti is way more beef. Stag is like a Eagle, Fortress is like a PD, Ahti is like a Firebird(non an FAF one, but not that far off).

Woulda been fun to try today in steady 20-30 mph winds with gusts. Even turned my Longbowman over once. Off topic, but Cultlass is a great headwind disc.

bought two, reddish ping, 173 gold line plastic. nice stiff feeling plastic. very similar to a pd.

better feeling plastic than my champ stable pd's.

not kicking the pd's out though. these are accurate and stable. better in the wind than the longbowmans.

longer than the bowman's. shorter than pd's.

these crossover in many directions. you could carry just this mold to cover long fairways and short distance drives in a stable mold.

the rim looks a hair larger than the pd. so it actually is a 10? surprised that triology got their speed correct.

last thought it appears from the sharpness of the wing that this is the triology pd. period. they nailed on the stability part. it is accurate but the pd is more glidey. so it just depends what you want that day. take the pd out for a few more feet of d. or take the fotress for more accuracy.

Last edited: