• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forward two steps, Back tree

Hey, 80. What I was saying is that frolf sound like the noise you make when you're puking your guts out![/QU

gotcha..annoying as it was/is..

What's annoying? The term frolf? Or my post? :p Hopefully the term frolf was. I really can't stand it either. I guess if you're still throwing a Whamo maybe you can get away with it. :rolleyes: But otherwise, forget about it.

I thought that the vomiting reference was pretty funny. And no I'm not egging on an online argument here. I really like a lot of your posts and think that you have good ideas.

And I know what you mean about interpreting crap just from what people write. That's why I use the annoying smileys so much. :D

I've noticed that the only people that use the word frolf, are those that don't play Disc Golf. IF there are any, then it's the ones that went and bought a typical Frisbee, very reminiscent of the ones that you buy in the beach-ware section of walmart. ...and have you noticed how some of those that actually like to use that word are kind of possessive of it. It's as if they came up with it themselves!

newbs playing for 2 years can call it frolf and get stupid looks, who cares..and i clean my vagina daily, so no sand.

oh come now no reason to get in a tissie. it's just a word. and i think the "baggers" get more stupid looks than a group of kids with one disc each calling it frolf. so i don't know, i play a lot at the bijou and get some "serious" players. but these guys are the ones getting laughed at a little if anyone is. i'm just saying somethings in life should not be taken too seriously, and frolf is one of them. hah! i said it again.

I've noticed that the only people that use the word frolf, are those that don't play Disc Golf. IF there are any, then it's the ones that went and bought a typical Frisbee, very reminiscent of the ones that you buy in the beach-ware section of walmart. ...and have you noticed how some of those that actually like to use that word are kind of possessive of it. It's as if they came up with it themselves!

kind of like those who defend the sport of disc golf so vehemently.

My gf 's brother plays am1, uses a bookbag, and calls it frolf.
I play am 3, have multiple bags, and call it disc golf.
Who's laughing at who?

I've noticed that people who hate the word frolf like to make generalizations about people who don't agree with them on the subject.

Yes, this "frolf" term is patently offensive.. Anyone who knows anything realizes that the proper abbreviation of Disc Golf is "folf"

*looks around and prepares to duck*

But seriously, we (folks out of Missoula, MT) referred to the sport as "folf", I can probly count the number of times I heard "Disc Golf" on one hand while I was there.. Now that I've moved over to Eugene I don't hear "folf" much at all..

Ohh man, Am I a Disc Golf hick? Tell me truthfully peeps =)

throwing a KC Roc really helped me learn how to snap a disc hard with no wobble. those and putters.

if you cant throw a putter 200' accurately, go to the field and throw until you can. as they take more more hyzer and control to throw far, they will teach you to use the same control and smoothness in your shot when you drive, which helps a ton.

thanks alot i had no idea that throwing putters and such were the best to use for snap practice, i'll give it a try...

Latest posts