• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forward two steps, Back tree

Now that this thread is months old and dead, I say thank you to all who actually responded to my question with tips on how to improve my game. The subsequent debate over the term frolf on the other hand, was most delightful, as well as unexpected. May as well give you my two cents on the issue. Its a term. That's it. Apparently to some an offensive term. To you guys I say get over it. Should I be viewed as an amateur player for my use of the term? Sure, why not, I can take it. Truth is I am. In closing, just keep in mind that no matter what you call it, it is still just a game. An activity we all enjoy, otherwise none of us would be on this site.

Thanks again to the people who gave feedback, and yes my backhand has improved greatly.

Finally, please don't call it "frolf." That word makes me feel dirty.

that always pisses me off. thats what d-bag chuckers call it. its degrading to the sport. i wont even respond to people when the call it frolf. or if im feeling feisty i go off on them.

I love how offended people get at the term frolf, 50 people say "hey you can't say frolf it is not correct", but I do the same with the word midget (which is far worse) and people say "a word is a word I can say what ever I want"

so even though I hate the term:

FROLF

Anyone who says midget is a great big mother frolfer :)

I love how offended people get at the term frolf, 50 people say "hey you can't say frolf it is not correct", but I do the same with the word midget (which is far worse) and people say "a word is a word I can say what ever I want"

so even though I hate the term:

FROLF

Anyone who says midget is a great big mother frolfer :)

Shut yer yap you midget frolfer blue stater.

So I am a new player to the wonderful world of frolf. Over the summer, being my first, I have met quite a few players. Most are intrigued at the distance I throw forward hand (not sure on the correct terminology, apologize). Repeatedly they tell me that I can achieve a much greater distance throwing back handed. Cool, so I try. Every time I end up nailing the closest tree, shrub, ground, etc. I usually find this hilarious, take my shot and continue forward hand on the next hole.

If any of you have started out similarly and graduated to a clean and remarkably better back hand shot, I'm interested. As well as any advice, should one be so inclined. Thanx!

czech it

keep throwing...
what i've found is that i reach plateau's or periods in my game where i do similar.
When i started, i threw horribly...
then i started throwing harder, but hit trees..... (Proof of growth).
then after hitting a few trees, i managed to "just miss the trees"....
-> i find this is true (for me) when i try to lock in a new disc or try new things... For me, hitting trees means "i'm doing everything right, except now i need a tad bit more practice."

Now....
i went from perfect layups to hitting basket or clanging chains.
To me, this is a stage that i have to go through (aka master) so that clanks or clanks become more consistently made baskets.

in short...
if you throw with power and (overall) form... keep throwing.. soon enough you'll refine your skill enough that you'll "just miss" the trees and have good drives.... Throwing a disc is muscle memory; throwing a disc with accuracy is finite muscle memory; throwing a disc over 300' with pinpoint accuracy is professional grade muscle memory. :D