• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found A Disc Today

I guess some people may play while under the influence, and that would affect them leaving discs here and there.

I guess some people may play while under the influence, and that would affect them leaving discs here and there.

No I.... doesn't.

just left a valk on a course a month ago while drinking. still pissed about that.

/you probably did the surge thrower a favor. now they'll have to buy something else, hopefully slower, to play with.

haha! wait... how did he get to the green with that disc? i would've thought for sure he needed a Katana or a Nuke.

Always look up :)

I played 2 rounds at a local 9 hole course today.

First round, hole #8, I see 2 guys sweeping back and forth in my normal landing zone. I wait for them for a minute or two, thinking they are looking for a geocache in the park, and unaware that I'm trying to throw a disc in thier direction. They look in my direction multiple times, but never acknowledge me.

So eventually I walk a few feet towards them, then yell that I intend to throw in thier direction.

I throw my drive, then walk up to where they are. The two of them are kicking the ferns and looking around on the ground. I ask if they were looking for a lost disc, and they said they were.

They were playing the next hole, #9. This hole is short, downhill, and pretty much wide open, with very few areas that could hide a disc.

They had been looking for a few minutes, so I thought I would have a quick look around with them.

Nothing.

They both go down to the lakes edge to see if it took a bad roll, but they turn up nothing.

There was a group of 4 young guys who came up to practice on the #9 basket right after the 2 guys threw thier drives, so they thought maybe one of the kids might have accidentally picked it up.

I finished my round, then played 9 more holes.
The guys were still there looking as I came around to #9 a second time.

They finally gave up and walked away towards the parking area as I tee'd off.
They must have looked for at least 45 minutes. :(

I parked my drive, then started walking down towards the basket.
I was perplexed on how they could possibly loose a disc on this hole.

Then it occured to me.
They were new, and where do new people forget to look ?

UP :doh:

There was only one tree on #9 that had any leaves on it. I stood under it for about 3 seconds, then spotted the disc. :)

I grabbed it and got to the parking area right as they were about to drive off.
I waived the disc in the air, the dude rolled down his window and said " Hey, where did you find that ! "

It was only a Dx Wraith, but it was the guys only disc, so I'm sure he was mighty pleased to have it back.

Threw 3 birdies in 9 holes on another local course after that, including one I have only ever birdied once before, gotta love good Karma. :clap:

I can't say anything because I have left a putter in the basket. Of course I always look down and see it is gone when it gets time to putt on the next hole. I also like to steal the putters out of my friends bag when he walks in front of me. There is always a panic on the next hole. :D

I have wanted to share and this seems like a great place to do it.

Have played maybe 8 times during the winter and some majorly deep snow. In my first snow round i lost one of my favorite drivers

Since then I have managed to find 4 discs in the snow. one RIGHT by the tee pad, one my buddy lost two weeks earlier, two yellows as I simply walked past them. NONE with a number on them. My new fade tourney bag is exploding with new plastic

If you play in the snow, take extra precautions I think

yea 2 guys were playing ahead of my group of 4 yesterday and we got up to 18 where we drove the guys were kickin around and lookin for a disc they said "seen a white viking?" all of us said no did u lose it on this hole? guy said pretty sure but dont, they went across the street to start another round when all my friends started lookin for their disc, i had a nice easy putt so i figured id just putt it and grab my discs and get outta the way, go up to the basket grab my putter, look up and bang there it is on top of the basket lol i tossed it back to the guy, he said thanks and palmfaced, i like karma, and plus ik they where newish players so a disc is alot

i found a 1st run esp nuke no ink today at kaposia hole one. bright orange sticking out of the snow right after leagues finished.
280' downhill & the person threw a 1st run nuke! :)

It's pretty easy to forehand a driver that distance/angle with good control. Even though the disc doesn't get up to speed, it's still a very easy and consistent shot that anyone could make and might even be what I would choose to do, although it'd be a Teebird and not a Surge.

Skurf....I thought the same thing...I can only throw a FH with a fast driver, cause my FH really stinks and is full of OAT, but I would probably try it there! :p

its cool that you helped them so long. that's one of the great things about DG, the community of players.

Miniature disc golf. I agree with another poster, could have been a righty thumber or even a handicapped player or even an ordinary weakling OR a girl. Why are we laughing again, oh yea.

Last edited:

Latest posts