• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

found a new putter

dkoz

Eagle Member
Ok guys i went out yesterday i was about 15 feet from the basket i didnt even grab my putter i justed picked up my ace race disc from last year and BAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! perfect line i never threw a putt so good, so i started using it and i was making everything.......so my question is, is it bad to use that disc as my putter?

This same thing happened to me with a Pro Rhyno!.... and then a Soft Challenger.... and then a WizardSSS.... and then my current putter fad, my awesome-sizzle-magic-sauce the MagicSS!!!....

What will be MY next awe-sizzle putter? I might be eyein' that Yeti Aviar.... maybe.

I used to putt with a Buzzz, so putting with a Hornet isn't that crazy. Just be aware that misses will tend to go a lot farther past the basket.

lol i use the pro rhyno usually on windy conditions , then the banger gt for everything else...but the ace race hornet seems to be working real nice for me right now!!!

I used to putt with an Archangel. It was weird but felt the best in my hand, and I got some confidence using it. Then I switched to a Soft Magnet. Funny thing is, when I was out with some buddies and it was really windy, nobody could make a putt outside of about 15', until I picked up the Archangel again, and was making longer putts than everyone else. Noone else knew how to use a driver to putt with. I guess just use what works, but like drick said, misses will go further past the basket.

it will blow by a lot more than a normal putter, and hornets are pretty overstable.

if you just practice and get consistent with a real putter, you will be fine. Putting has little to nothing to do with the disc (to an extent, i.e., using a mid or an aerobie arrow or something). You just have to be comfortable with it.

name one really really good player (over 1000 rated) that putts with a mid?

I could never putt with a Hornet. Anything 10' and out I would probably miss 90% of the time. Why not just use an ESP Zone?

I put with my Mako in some longer putting situations. It's slow and glidy enough that it doesn't really blow by.

...name one really really good player (over 1000 rated) that putts with a mid?

^Precisely this^.

When I was pretty much a new player at this sport, I used to put with whatever discs I first had (I think it was a DX Valk and a DX Goblin). Once I saw that 100% of the pros were using putters on their putts, I told myself, "Well... looks like I better learn how to use a putter!:doh:"

you don't have to be such a douche. I'm sure he is aware that it is not the norm. That's why he asked the question.

not trying to be a douche

I did come across a little douchey though, I will admit that

like i said , i was just to lazy to grab my putter and i threw a very nice line with this disc so i just kept using it. I dont want to go around and try a bunch of disc's iam a newer guy to the sport and learning to throw with my left hand....and the hornet has a really good str8 line for me. But if it stops working you never know!!!!

I could never putt with a Hornet. Anything 10' and out I would probably miss 90% of the time. Why not just use a Grippy Pro-D Zone?

FIFY

and that's no joke. If you like the way a shallow disc feels in your hand, then grab a Zone, or an XD if you don't like the fade.

Iam not going to get worked up over any comments, i ask the question and all feedback is great to me.I completely agree with i should be using a putter, iam throwing lefty and on the 10-15 foot puts my disc will turn to the right on me, but with the hornet the way i throw its almost a str8 line.

Latest posts