• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found disc

monkie777

The other day I found a disc at home course, this is the first time that I have found a lost disc. I called the number on it and left a message. My question is how long should I keep trying to reach the owner of the disc?

You'll find this thread will quickly devolve into an argument over returning/ keeping discs. The real answer is probably: Let each disc returner do what helps them sleep well at night. Some folks will move heaven and earth to get a disc back to the guy who lost it (or until that guy gives them permission to keep it, or whatever). Some folks are comfortable with just keeping it (or whatever they want) from the start. Once you know you've tried your best to do with it what you think is right, you're fine. And let others believe what they want. Finally, remember this rule applies to your lost disc as well.

...now, we'll see where this ride takes us...

You did the right thing by calling. If you don't hear back within a few days to a week, don't lose any sleep about it.

Make a valid attempt to return the disc. You've already called and left a message. Maybe follow up with a text. If you haven't heard anything in a couple weeks it's yours. It really is that simple.

Speaking as someone who has had many discs found and not returned despite having a number on them... I'd say calling and leaving a message is sufficient. Never gotten a message from anyone other than my mates around the course, so I don't expect to hear from anyone else, at this point... I've totally stopped putting my names on discs altogether.

Speaking as someone who has had many discs found and not returned despite having a number on them... I'd say calling and leaving a message is sufficient. Never gotten a message from anyone other than my mates around the course, so I don't expect to hear from anyone else, at this point... I've totally stopped putting my names on discs altogether.

Must be the luck of the draw. I have had 2 people call me about lost discs out of three. One this past weekend. I would suggest signing ones' discs. There is nothing to lose and a disc to gain. As far as returning I would call and at least leave a message. If not heard from in a few days consider the disc yours.

Must be the luck of the draw. I have had 2 people call me about lost discs out of three. One this past weekend. I would suggest signing ones' discs. There is nothing to lose and a disc to gain. As far as returning I would call and at least leave a message. If not heard from in a few days consider the disc yours.

I've lost so many discs at this point... I have given up on getting them returned. 6-12 discs

I try once, text and a call. After that it goes into my sale box. They usually sit there a while, so if I get a response later I usually still have it. But if someone wanted their disc, they'd answer in a timely fashion.

Never had someone ask for a disc back that I've gotten rid of. And that's out of literally hundreds of found discs.

Good luck....

I play almost every day and find one on the course 3 times a week. I call and or text and throw it in a pile. Then a second. If no one reaches out to me then I just file the name away and hope I run into them. The other thing I do is ask fellow players if they know the person, a lot go back that way. If after a few months the discs remains unclaimed then I tend to forget about them. Also, don't be afraid to verify facts about the location.

Now, on the other hand let's say they do call or return a text. I ask they come to me, either at a course where I am playing, or by the house. I don't deliver. I did have one guy ask if I would bring it to a course 30 miles away since he needed it, I said no. I will ship but I ask they pay the charges. Well, I have delivered for friends and I paid to ship a few back but again they were friends. That's not completely true, I will deliver an Ace disc. I've seen me do it.

Here's the stupid golfer part. I have one that a buddy lost a year ago, I called him, he answered, we spoke we made plans. I still have the disc. Since the first contact we spoken, texted and laughed about this disc. We played the same course and spoke a week ago. We never tell each other when we are out playing, I still have the darn thing. What's worse, he looking for back-ups on this website and all he needs to do is come get this one.

Collin, come get you stupid ROC.....

My point is, make a reasonable effort, reasonable is defined by you not us.

Currently, I have 31 disc I am working on returning, only 2 contacted me. Of the 2 one guy has been making excuses for 6 weeks about why he can't come by(lives 5 miles from my house) and the other guy I will play doubles with on Tuesday. If in 3 months no one else contact me I will forget about them.

By the way Daniel Bower, I found 3 of yours in the last 15 days, if you read this contact me or return a text. You need to focus Danny.

The other day I found a disc at home course, this is the first time that I have found a lost disc. I called the number on it and left a message. My question is how long should I keep trying to reach the owner of the disc?

I give one call and leave one message.*

Beyond that, it's the owner's responsibility to get back to me. It certainly isn't my job to hold their hand through the process.

If your course has a "lost and found" box, that's usually the best thing to do.

*Unless, of course, we're playing phone tag back and forth.

Edit: Personally, I don't even ink my discs...if I can't find it and you can, congratz! You've got a new disc, enjoy! (And thanks for picking up my trash...;))

Latest posts