• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Freak Incidents on the Course.

ILackDiscance

Bogey Member
Saturday, I tee'd off on hole #1 at RVZ park in Green Cove Springs FL.

I turned my stalker over, and it proceeded to go through a convertible Mustang's passenger window (that was open) and out through the driver side door (that was open).

I'm just thankful it didn't hit glass.

Anyone else have embarrassing Freak Incidents?:doh:

Griplocked and threw a shot between someones legs on a walking path at Vietnam Veterans park in Concord- and the guy playing with me did almost the exact same thing to the next group of people walking when he teed off. Not between their legs- but in between a couple people.

I obliterated a birdhouse once with a Champion Eagle. Thankfully there were no birds inside.

Griplocked and threw a shot between someones legs on a walking path at Vietnam Veterans park in Concord- and the guy playing with me did almost the exact same thing to the next group of people walking when he teed off. Not between their legs- but in between a couple people.

Oh man, that's crazy. I 've actually hit someone, they walked out into the fairway AFTER i'd already thrown. We yelled watch out, 4, heads up like maniacs but the dude didn't seem to take any notice. The guy was okay, but extremely mad.

Ha! A few years ago listening to the TD announcing ctp for a tournament ace pool. I saw a hottie walking to hole 2 with a guy so I watch them to see how well she throws. Bleh, total noob throw. I watch him throw right behind her. His throw noob hyzers right in the drivers side window of a car with a guy in it talking to another guy. The hottie starts laughing her ass off and I started laughing too. Dude gets out and starts yelling "WTF!" Everyone at the ctp turns to look and dude tried to throw the disc away from them with total noob throw. I laughed so hard after that with everyone else wondering what the hell just happened.

Clipped a squirrels tail once. Was a short par3 through the woods and as I set up to throw my Suspect, he was on the ground. Some time in my reach back he scurried about 15ft up the tree and stopped in profile with his tail flicking back and forth in the air. The disc clipped his tail at the mid point as it flew by. Boy did he take off after that. I did feel bad, must have hurt.

I cut it too close to the tree (obviously) but it was a good drive.

My local course is pay for play, cheap, 3 bucks a round.
It is part of a state park and the rangers pop around occasionally to check for season pass holders and so on. Hole 9 has a long tee box that crosses a small access road that is for park employees only. Cars on that are seen maybe once every 30 times you play. It's rare. from the shorts, you can see the cars, and the cars can see you. From the longs, not so much.
Suffice it to say that a park ranger rolling through the course was not thrilled with the firebird on a hyzer flick shot that put a remarkably large dent in his passenger side door.

I saw somebody hit their own dog (or at least it belonged to someone in the group) in the leg about 50 feet down the fairway on a 400 foot hole. Huge gash on its probably broken leg, was lying on the ground whimpering. How does that even happen? ****ing *******s

We were playing at Z Boaz a few years ago, I think it's hole 4 or 5 that throws downhill with a road on the right. Mild headwind that picks up when my friend throws his Nuke, turns more than expected, over the road. There's a van coming right at it. The disc drops right before it gets to the van only to skip up and bang, right into the hood, where it wedged like an ornament.

It was so loud we were sure the van was going to stop. It didn't. Just drove on by while we stood staring with our jaws dropped as it disappeared around the corner.

My dog jumped up from behind me right as I was throwing a low forehand, and I hit him with my disc and my hand right in the face. Poor guy. Fortunately he's a pit bull, and it took him about 2 seconds to recover and run off fetching a stick as happy as can be. He feels no pain.

My old roomie absolutely destroyed a pigeon in flight with a viper forehand years ago. Around that same time another buddy threw into the back of a pickup that was passing by on the street. Both were at Gillies Creek.

I saw somebody hit their own dog (or at least it belonged to someone in the group) in the leg about 50 feet down the fairway on a 400 foot hole. Huge gash on its probably broken leg, was lying on the ground whimpering. How does that even happen? ****ing *******s

My dog jumped up from behind me right as I was throwing a low forehand, and I hit him with my disc and my hand right in the face. Poor guy. Fortunately he's a pit bull, and it took him about 2 seconds to recover and run off fetching a stick as happy as can be. He feels no pain.

Dogs on the course. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Yeah, they can be annoying. At my home course, there's a guy who's dog loves to chase any disc and then just stands on it with it's front paws. He'll stay there until the owner calls him. Friendly dog, but damn annoying when you'er by yourself and want to take a second shot.

Clipped a squirrels tail once. Was a short par3 through the woods and as I set up to throw my Suspect, he was on the ground. Some time in my reach back he scurried about 15ft up the tree and stopped in profile with his tail flicking back and forth in the air. The disc clipped his tail at the mid point as it flew by. Boy did he take off after that. I did feel bad, must have hurt.

I cut it too close to the tree (obviously) but it was a good drive.

At McCormick Park hole #10 (the one Climo aced at 2014 Worlds) My buddy let a low flying laser of a throw go. It skipped just right over the first little hump. I heard a loud screech and saw a Chipmunk jumping like 2 feet straight in the air. My friend straight blasted him at full power. For a minute or two after the impact the Chipmunk just kinda sat in place while we were all laughing about it. He eventually ran off slightly dazed. We still laugh about that throw every time we play that hole.

This happened while installing baskets at a course back in 2010........ Dude running from the cops in a stolen minivan missed a turn and flew about 200 feet down to the 15th hole at CPS. Green cap is the sleeve cover. We were planting basket 11 when it happened.

42603_g.jpg

Yeah, almost as bad as people. And apparently cars.

Yeah, they can be annoying. At my home course, there's a guy who's dog loves to chase any disc and then just stands on it with it's front paws. He'll stay there until the owner calls him. Friendly dog, but damn annoying when you'er by yourself and want to take a second shot.

Can we not turn this into a dogs on the course hate thread, please? It's been covered PLENTY.

I don't bring my dogs to the course, and the incident I talked about was in a field while I was walking them.

Can we not turn this into a dogs on the course hate thread, please? It's been covered PLENTY.

I don't bring my dogs to the course, and the incident I talked about was in a field while I was walking them.

Sorry, didn't mean to contribute in derailing the thread.

Back to original programming. I once got a ricochet field ace off the silo on hole 17 at Chilli. That was pretty cool and noisy too.