• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FREE Disc Golf Graphics to help our Favorite Sport grow Faster!

Gamecock

Par Member
Below are 2 generic animated Disc Golf graphics I created for you or your local DG club to use to help spread public awareness about our beloved sport of DG. Both are optimized 4-bit (16 color) GIF files to display quickly.

disc-golf.gif
88x31 pixel DG button = Only 0.78 Kb. (803 bytes) to load FAST!

and

disc-golf-80.gif
80x15 pixel DG button = Only 0.39 Kb. (397 bytes) to load FAST!

Believe it or not, I got feedback from (older) guy who said seeing above image helped him "get it". He'd thought we just threw discs to hit poles or trees as target, instead of throwing to chains and have discs fall in a basket.

I suggest we all use these standard-size images (88x31 or 80x15 buttons) to link to local DG club or DG course websites. Here's an example of a CraigsList ad I ran in Charlotte, NC (host city for 2012 World Championship):

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/com/3462200891.html

I went into a local Dick's Sporting Goods store and saw they had a 20% off sale. My motivation was to tell more people about this discount in time to take advantage of the savings. Order must be completed by 11:59PM EST on December 8, 2012 to qualify. I know LOTS of people who have NEVER heard of our sport may be exposed to it as direct result of my CL post.

I linked all of the banners and buttons in that ad to go to the same History of Disc Golf page I made. You can use these same buttons to link to your local DG club or course website!

If your local DG club has a logo or pictures of local holes on local DG courses, you can now show up to 8 pictures with one ad. Not long ago, the limit was only 4. We should all encourage other parents to go buy their kids discs (so they get some exercise) instead of another video game (no exercise at all!).

Best of all, CraigsList ads are FREE! Once set up, your club's local DG ad can easily be renewed to go back up to the top of the category. CL also has a category for Events (announce local tournaments) and Activities (recreation) and Groups (to get more new $ from new members joining your local DG club). The ads will expire after 45 days, but can be renewed over and over!

If you do NOT have any local DG club or course you want to promote or you just want to do your part to expand awareness of our sport, feel free to link to History of Disc Golf page I made for my favorite local course with the 468x60 (standard-size) banner ads I used in my ad. Feel free to use/edit any of the text I wrote as well.

If we all work together, hopefully many people will discover Disc Golf for the first time and learn discs make great cheap gifts! If many buy their kids new discs as Christmas gifts, there will be MANY new players. Happy Holidays!

That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.

Latest posts