• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frigid Weather

A friend of mine has a DG B-Day party in early January every year. We play golf and burn x-mas trees

Last year it was -20 C plus a vicious wind....had to be getting down into the -30 to -40 range with the wind

I once skied in a windchill of -62C ....they shut down the mountain just after we got to the top.....very cold ski down

That is nuts. There were a couple times up in Maine where you were not allowed to go outside because it was -80 with windchill...one of the few times I got a ride to and from school. :thmbup:

It was colder at the start of the round, but warmed up to -27C (-17F)... personal best! The discs weren't flying very far. After the round, I googled 'air density calculator' and air is about 22% denser at -27C than +27C.

It was colder at the start of the round, but warmed up to -27C (-17F)... personal best! The discs weren't flying very far. After the round, I googled 'air density calculator' and air is about 22% denser at -27C than +27C.

Johnny, youre the only guy I know that considers playing in a certain temperature as a "personal best" , haha!

I played a lot last year when the temperatures were in the mid teens, with wind chill probably below zero. I think 11 degrees was the lowest temp I remember seeing before heading out. Not the funnest rounds ever, but better than nothing.

Hand warmers FTW!!!

best findable colors to throw? release angles? someone needs to school my ass within the next week...

best findable colors to throw? release angles? someone needs to school my ass within the next week...

I'll pm you with some cold weather tips and tricks later this afternoon/evening, Poth.

I have been meaning to get you prepped for war for a while now. :)

Honestly, I just throw whatever I have (half of which is white) and don't really have problems with losing anything in the snow (even the white discs).

I never let a little thing like winter slow me down when I lived up north! But holy crap it has been unseasonably cold down here in florida these last few weeks. Lows in the 30's and 40's!

I'll pm you with some cold weather tips and tricks later this afternoon/evening, Poth.

I have been meaning to get you prepped for war for a while now. :)

Honestly, I just throw whatever I have (half of which is white) and don't really have problems with losing anything in the snow (even the white discs).

much obliged. might not want to though...ima smoke you, regardless.:|

I didnt keep track last winter, but so far this year its been in the twenty's in Va. I bet it will be colder than that when I go visit Iowa though.

. o 0 O (Is wondering what is so special about these tips that they must be sent through a PM and not shared with the thread)

oh come now...im probably going to break something on the first drive. im on your home turf. you dont have much to worry about.:p

. o 0 O (Is wondering what is so special about these tips that they must be sent through a PM and not shared with the thread)

Heh. Didn't want to thread jack. :|

[QUOTE='Poth]oh come now...im probably going to break something on the first drive. im on your home turf. you dont have much to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Lulling you into a sense of complacency is a key part of my strategy. :D

Played a round last weekend in upstate, NY.

It was 25 degrees, and we picked up eight inches of snow that day, 4-5 of which fell while we were playing.

It was great!

As much snow as we got, it was not windy and we were playing a pretty heavily wooded course (Basil Marilla). This all led to some beautiful shots sailing through giant flakes and (mostly) trees.

That was my first snow game, and I loved it.

Oh, my buddy ripped a white disc with no spotter and paid the price. Other than that, no disc got left behind!

there must be something wrong with me. My buddy just called and we are playing glowie tonight.....its -17C out there

frakin addiction

Latest posts