• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

from check stuck up from 350 to 390

Rll131

Bogey Member
looking for some advice on my form. I usually throw hyzer more comfortable for some reason. I'm still stuck around 390 and can't figure out what else I can do or fix to push it farther. my goal is 450. any help appreciated or any drills that will help me in particular. thanks in advanced..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XAF7tV9clLI

What up Ray!

Balance and leverage inside posture. Need to start the x-step by leaning targetward first. Your whole backswing is happening behind or outside your rear foot instead of leveraged inside or front of it.

PRBX9qt.png

Hey hey how you doing. Thanks for the reply. A bit confused by what you mean by my backswing is behind my rear foot. What drills would you recommend. We should definitely get a round in at some point when the weather gets a bit better.

Sure thing.

Note in the pics how my body is always forward of the trailing foot. You can see how far behind your body is the middle pic/x-step and your shoulders complete the backswing while still behind your rear foot instead of forward of rear foot. Note how the x-step changes my spine tilt back as left leg steps forward/behind.

And then going into the plant note how your rear knee is behind your ankle instead of leveraged forward/inside ankle.

Do the JRay x-step ^ for like 100 yards quick and efficiently and balanced more upright, and PP lateral back and forth jump staying balanced inside the feet/posture.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for that break down I definitely see everything you mentioned. Damn this game is hard lol. Back to the field for me maybe one day I'll break 420/450. Every time I try to get my weight forward or my spine more upright it makes me do a major dip/swooping for some reason that's why I started to lean back

Wow thanks for that break down I definitely see everything you mentioned. Damn this game is hard lol. Back to the field for me maybe one day I'll break 420/450. Every time I try to get my weight forward or my spine more upright it makes me do a major dip/swooping for some reason that's why I started to lean back

Try playing around with the tilt of your head. That could be an easy fix for getting your spine to follow more naturally then the other way around. If the head feels balanced the body is balanced. Just don't force any unnatural head movements. The head should follow along in the swing as most people teach. (Eyes on the target -> Eyes on the disc -> Shoulder picks up head for follow through.)

Yea I do struggle with tilting my head toward the rear like sea bass said. My problem is I have the habit of going high to low then back to high. The only way I've fixed it by leaning my head back for some reason. But I will give it a shot

Latest posts