• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
i definitely like the boss better for forehand, i have a tendency to turn a disc over throwing forehand, and the boss comes back very nicely at the end...

That fast of a disc with a -2 turn and 2 fade, that sounds like I should get one!

I really like the Groove. It reminds me a lot of a star wraith but faster. I have a bigger arm and i can get it to turnover and go 425+ every time. If you like slightly understable discs the Groove is perfect. i did notice that the lighter (166) is more understable than my heavier (175) but I do not get as much distance. Also, the Groove is a great roller. The wide rim really gives the disc a lot of momentum. I can get a good 400 consistently.

I really like the Groove. It reminds me a lot of a star wraith but faster. I have a bigger arm and i can get it to turnover and go 425+ every time. If you like slightly understable discs the Groove is perfect. i did notice that the lighter (166) is more understable than my heavier (175) but I do not get as much distance. Also, the Groove is a great roller. The wide rim really gives the disc a lot of momentum. I can get a good 400 consistently.

Your roller should go further then your airshot. So if your throwing the groove in the air for 425, and only rolling for 400 then there is a flaw in your roller somewhere.

Not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know incase you werent aware.

Your roller should go further then your airshot. So if your throwing the groove in the air for 425, and only rolling for 400 then there is a flaw in your roller somewhere.

He might be throwing it for 425 then rolling it for another 400..

-Dut- you're right that in principle, a roller should go farther, however, that's if you are throwing the roller for max-D. Some discs make great rollers but won't got for max-roller D, but do serve as awesome discs off the box because they roll straight and allow you to get under trees you couldn't through through predictably on an airshot.

Or for tight alleys, when you do the math, a roller can be far superior. A standard disc is about 8.5" wide, so if you've got a 3" tree in the fairway, that effectively blocks 20" (8.5+8.5+3) of fairway if you're throwing an airshot. A disc is less than 1" wide when it's rolling, so that same 3" tree is only blocking 5" of fairway... which makes the roller awesome... even if it doesn't got as far as the airshot.

If the Groove can roller consistently at 400', I'm totally willing to try one out.

Or for tight alleys, when you do the math, a roller can be far superior. A standard disc is about 8.5" wide, so if you've got a 3" tree in the fairway, that effectively blocks 20" (8.5+8.5+3) of fairway if you're throwing an airshot. A disc is less than 1" wide when it's rolling, so that same 3" tree is only blocking 5" of fairway... which makes the roller awesome... even if it doesn't got as far as the airshot.
images

Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things?

I wonder if you're being sarcastic blang. 425 then 400 after that? it would mean that his drive is 825 ft. in total. that's ridiculous.

I like my Groove far better than my Boss. I can control it much easier, but as far as distance, I was not impressed. But I don't have a big arm anyway.

images

Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things?

i understood what he said...:confused:

the diameter of the disc on either side of the tree, plus the width of the tree...roller cuts out 15" of interference area...

-Dut- you're right that in principle, a roller should go farther, however, that's if you are throwing the roller for max-D. Some discs make great rollers but won't got for max-roller D, but do serve as awesome discs off the box because they roll straight and allow you to get under trees you couldn't through through predictably on an airshot.

If the Groove can roller consistently at 400', I'm totally willing to try one out.

Your right. When I first read it I assumed he was talking about distance rollers.

Upon rereading it he didnt mention that, and I think your right about what he was probably referring to.

Got out of the snow and got a chance to throw my 174 Groove. Flew like a new destroyer but a little faster. Messed around with a few anny lines and it held pretty good for being so new. There is a slight chance this thing could replace the wraiths...........:confused:

I picked one up on Tues and threw it on the way home. (Nothing to compare it to though) It went really straight and had a good skip at the end. I don't care if I don't have "the arm" for it, I am still going to try it out against my others. (Hopefully today)

Groove

Anyone have any good reviews on the Groove?

I love the monarch.. excellent glide and it goes where I throw it... haven't thrown the Boss/Groove yet... so reviews.. let's here 'em. thanks.

i've got a boss and a groove and prefer the groove. it is much easier to control than a boss or a destroyer, and flies about the same distance. it does feel a lot like the monarch in your hand, but i've never had one of those so i can't vouch for how it compares other than that. i use it for long, straight drives that require less of a hyzer than you'll get from a boss or destroyer. the boss is a good disc, fast as hell, but i can throw my destroyers much more accurately so i don't throw it too often. maybe the boss is a little bit too much disc for me still. i love the groove though - you should definitely pick one up.

Thumbs down on the Groove

I have both the Groove and the Boss, I like the Boss much better. The Groove for me is very touchy, it takes a consistent thrower to be able to throw it well. The Boss is much more reliable for me. They both have similar flight characteristics, so my vote is for the Boss.

Recently got the Groove and only thrown it a few times, I'm not a fan of throwing the larger rims backhand, but this one is not too bad. It is much more stable than my monarch.

Latest posts