• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
340' of water is just scary when my max distance on flat ground, no wind is 315-330 on average

it's like russian roulette with 5 bullets instead of 1

lol I knew it was a long shot for me as well but I had these beat DX Valks handy and my buddy was like "I can't make that. I think you could though." So of course I had to try.

If you remove the -2 turn and the 2 fade numbers, it isn't as decieving of a disc and maybe it would be more likeable. Just reading the hate makes me want to throw mine on every hole until I ace something with it so I can sign and put it with the others....although, I may just count a metal hit close enough for it to speed up the process....

If you remove the -2 turn and the 2 fade numbers, it isn't as decieving of a disc and maybe it would be more likeable. Just reading the hate makes me want to throw mine on every hole until I ace something with it so I can sign and put it with the others....although, I may just count a metal hit close enough for it to speed up the process....
y-u-no-let-thread-die.jpg

Innova marketed the Groove as a superfast understable disc that adds distance for weaker arms. When they actually started producing it, it turned out to be a predictably overstable meathook. I think a lot of the hatred of the disc comes from the false expectations. If Innova marketed it as "like a faster, more overstable Firebird," people might not hate it so much.

Dude really? I have never known this disc to be anything other than understable. I bought some first runs and a few newer ones but they all seem understable.

ive had 2 grooves, bought one when it first came out and found the other last year, both were stable,the one i found is still pretty stable. i can throw the stable one backhand and FH consistently 425. it does fine in the wind, and never turns and burns, it actually doesnt have the much turn at all. idk if i got the rare overstable ones but mine is pretty money and people who have thrown it liked how it flew

groovy groove

:thmbup:
I don't want one but I don't hate it. To hate it would mean that I have some sort of emotional tie to it; and I couldn't care less about the thing.

exactly how can you hate a piece of plastic, it's not your job, its not your ex wife or going to the dentist,mine is very overstable but it will have its use!

Lol, I found an uninked groove and not but a week ago I sold it for a mere 5 bucks!

I have had over 10 grooves and thrown them all, they all fly the same. This website bashes them because people with zero throwing ability cannot throw it because it is too overstable for them so they just whine about. People that have good snap on their drives will see the groove fly straight with a nice fade. I am tired of everyone ripping this disc because they cannot throw or they just do not understand how this disc works. This disc is a great indicator if you have good snap or not on your drives.

Tried one from a buddy once Forehand in a tailwind and it flew awesome, went and bought one from a local Dicks sporting goods, threw that one and it was garbage. Took it back and never tried one again.

I have had over 10 grooves and thrown them all, they all fly the same. This website bashes them because people with zero throwing ability cannot throw it because it is too overstable for them so they just whine about. People that have good snap on their drives will see the groove fly straight with a nice fade. I am tired of everyone ripping this disc because they cannot throw or they just do not understand how this disc works. This disc is a great indicator if you have good snap or not on your drives.
uhh....wut?

Dude really? I have never known this disc to be anything other than understable. I bought some first runs and a few newer ones but they all seem understable.

Ya%20Rly.jpg

Word on the forums is that it's the most inconsistent mold Innova makes, but I get the impression it's more often a meathook than anything else. Count yourself lucky.

my only ace is with a groove...so i cant complain too much. i get long, straight flight with a nasty fade at the end, which is useful at some of the courses i play

Imho:

Groves are flippy pos.
They are not good snap indicators....lol
All of you talking up your grove aces are only showing how crappy you are.....unless they are 400+ anny aces. Otherwise, why would a high speed mold be the best ace choice.

Latest posts