• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
only relating to groove the word not the disc. tossed a monarch for the first time yesterday, strangely it seems like a more controllable mamba (least the few ive thrown). wondering if its all bottom groove discs that catch flak.

guess they can catch more with those indents.

ive found alot of dx beasts in water on holes that you should not be throwing a beast on based off how the water plays, but i have found more groves than anything at both spots i disc dive at at my local courses. They apparently need to make a floating grove! I think that would make even better.

as weedhopper points out, the dx beast is probably the only disc that sucks more than a groove.

Man 1:
"I'll trade my Z Buzzz for your Z Hornet"

Man 2:
"Ok, but you have to take my groove too."

Man 1:
"Never mind."

A casual player came in our shop yesterday asking if we carried grooves (we don't of course). I had to let the other guy that runs the shop tell him the horrors of the groove. I cant do it politely.

Found a groove and a monarch in the same round.... My dog actually found the monarch. The groove had ink on it that said "do not call if you find this disc!" So I gave it a heave out of the car on the way home.

The monarch had no ink. And I find that I throw it a lot. I don't think it flies to it's numbers at all. Has very little hst for me with predictable turn. I get a few more feet than with my eagle or tee bird but less than my valk or other high speed drivers.

Boss with the Monarch wing....?
3145788007_c5d9cb0e4c_o.jpg

Love this pic!

as weedhopper points out, the dx beast is probably the only disc that sucks more than a groove.

Nope they are wrong a Wahoo is that disc, too high dome for a driver to feel good in the hand and a odd flight. Now it does have that it is a Innova driver that floats and people will buy it for that reason mostly. My brother has one after getting tired of having to re-buy every few years a Dragon. However Groove is still #1 sucky disc from Innova And a Wahoo some use for a max S shot throw. However the Wahoo takes a specific amount of power for the disc to work for driving shots more then just a Water disc. I use a Dragon and get a new one every 3 years or so as those discs can also work for a open/more open down wind shot. I might keep my old one to use for my crappy Tomahawk and try thumber/hammer with the old Dragon disc. I am getting a new Dragon soon as my old one is too flippy to work for me.

Latest posts