• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Full Metal Basket

(Todays installation)
(BTW these take like 5 minutes...I have a "thing" for writing)

Scene 4 is a montage of training set to music. LP yelling and screaming and the guys missing all sorts of shots…Piggy being a moron. As it progresses you notice that more shots are being made and things are looking much better. Basically, this is a cheap and effective way to close out "the boot camp" portion of the movie and move on.

Scene 5 graduation and awards ceremony. Everyone gets their certificate and their acceptance into "The Vietnam Open" the newest and most prestigious DG tourney in Asia.

Scene 6 the final night before the trip to the open. Goblin is nervously pacing hole 5 when he hears noises from 7.

PP: You hyzer here Piggy, not a roller stupid!. (Piggy throws a roller). You couldn't hit a putt with a nuclear weapon Piggy… (He shanks the putt)…(Goblin interrupts)

GB: Paul, what are you doing out here man? Our flight is at 6am, it is going to be a pretty rough day…you are going to end up playing like sh..

PP: (turns with a devilish grin) I…do…play…like….sh…

(LP shows up…furious)

LP: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?? Goblin what are you and this moron doing out on the course at midnight when you leave at 0600???

GB: I would like to inform the pro that Paul is thinking about quitting…

LP: QUITTING???? PIGGY!!?? You have come so far!! Besides, do you know how small Vietnamese people are? You could probably devour 3 in one sitting!!

(Piggy pulls out an Xcal (Ironically) and clocks LP right on the head, knocking him clean out.)

(He then proceeds to grab his Pro Pig and turning as he walks off, just hucks it in the general direction of the basket, which is nearly 300' away).

PP: F this, I quit…(Piggy walks off as the chains clang signifying the ace)

Goblins mouth just hangs open…

(Fade)

"Excellent, brilliant, best film I've seen this year"
NY Discs

"Action Stuffed!"
DG Review

"Will keep you glued to the edge of your seat salivating for more!"
Rolling Disc

"I WANT MORE!"
The New Discer

I do have a scene that isn't released. Tomorrow might be a bit busy but I can work on it while I am in Texas in my hotel next week.

We need this in a thread only he can add too so it is an easy read!

Hey baby, you got caddy Vietnam Open?

Scene 7, Vietnam Open qualifier, prior to players meeting, the guys are hanging out waiting. An attractive woman walks up to where Goblin and his new friend Gazelle are seated.

Caddy: Hey baby, you have caddy Vietnam open?

GB: Not at this moment, no.

CD: Well baby, me good caddy, me good caddy, me carry long time. You want?

GB: I might, how much?

CD: Fifteen dolla

GB: Fifteen for the both of us?

CD: No, each you fifteen dolla. Me carry long time, Me good caddy.

GB: Fifteen too boo-coo, 5 each?

CD: Me hold your water, me hydrate you much

GB: $5 is all I have left from the entry fee

CD: Ok ten dolla each

GB: What do you carry for 10 dollars?

CD: Everything you want

GB: Everything?

CD: Everything

TD: Meet up everyone!

The two walk off as the TD calls the groups. The caddy throws her arms up in exasperation and moves on to the next group.

TD: For those of you who have never tried to enter the Vietnam Open, this is how it works. Over the next two weeks there are 5 qualifiers held at different courses in the area: Sum Phat Pus (goblin and gazelle chuckle), Bing Bang Bop, Sin Sin Phan, Tets Un Bor, and Chow Sum Box. (hysterical laughter from several players). Hey I don't come up with this stuff people, listen up!

(Crowd calms down)

TD: Each qualifier is two rounds. The top 5 in each division will then qualify for the open. The Open will be one round at each of the 5 qualifiers PLUS a special final round, a temporary course constructed on the old "Ho Chi Minh trail".

(woooahs from crowd)

In addition to the 5 qualifiers we also have the following special rounds available:
Mixed doubles at Chow Sum Box (yup, more laughter)
Ace competition at Bing Bang Bop
Pro Am Doubles at Sin Sin Phan
And the ever popular ring of fire at Sum Phat Pus
(groans from the crowd)

TD: You may sign up for one or all of the qualifiers right now, but here is the rub, if you sign up you pay upfront. If you make it in round 1 you do not get your money back, it goes into the finals pot. If you sign up for only 1 round today and fail to qualify, you go home. The choice is yours. Entry is for the next 2 hours only.

(players nervous whispering gets louder)

TD: Representatives from each course are standing by, each round has a table and you can also sign up for the side action at the respective table. Oh and I was just informed that Tets Un Bor is going to feature a young and old doubles with a local kid pairing up with those who sign up. Proceeds will go to EDGE Vietnam. Thanks everyone, and good luck!

(people start to disperse)

GB: Man, Gazelle…I only have the jack on hand to sign up for one qualifier have you checked DGCR to see what these courses are like?

GZ: Well, Sum Phat Pus has some HUGE gaps to shoot and a couple shots over this enormous grand canyon sized gash.

GB: Dude…

GZ: Seriously! It's like a 130' elevation change with a 440' drive necessary or you have to take a drop in the middle of a bamboo forest.

GB: Ok, f' that joint. What about Sin Sin Phan?

GZ: Normally it looks pretty easy, but I have been told they set up some crazy stuff to make it harder. It seems more gimmicky than difficult. Do or die stuff.

GB: Naw, any guesses what would fit me best? I know we haven't played a round yet but just talking I hope you get an idea of my style.

GZ: Personally, I am going to sign up for them all, but I think round 2 at Bing Bang Bop is ideal. Tough part is there are some water hazards in the form of rice paddies that will really eat your score up. If you can stay out of those I think you could finish in the money.

GB: Well…I guess I will give it a try…
(starts to walk off)

GZ: Hey man, Here is a $10. I have heard that if you win the Ace Run you are guaranteed a spot as long as you hit one or more. Worth the shot if you get banged at bing' bop!

GB: Dude, you are a lifesaver!

(they split to sign up for their rounds)

…..

Man I got an s'load done today...finished my report early and wrote for about 30 minutes. I am upto the Vietnam Open proper and the first round has concluded.

It is on my work laptop though so you will have to wait for updates...forgot to email it home.

Hey Bill, do I get a preview tomorrow? I am curious if reality will become part of the story...