• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funkytown Flyers New Website Launched

ZBoazMobster

Double Eagle Member
http://funkytowndiscgolf.com/

Steve Sanders said:
Funkytown Flyers are proud to launch their new website. Please see what our Acting President, David Teague, has to say.

http://funkytowndiscgolf.com/

A Word from the Prez: Website Revamped
Thanks to Dan Regal and the team at JDM, we've recently completed a full website revamp.

The new site features: member registration, commenting, RSS feeds, media streaming and more all built on a robust CMS (Content Management Solution). What this all adds up to is more value and participation for you, our member community. We'd like to encourage each and every one of you to register, comment, contribute, and return here often for the latest news, scores, course development, announcements, and so much more.

The site main page displays the latest posts but the whole site is well organized with categories and tags.

■About - learn about the club, follow articles on course development and become a member by filling out the member form. Currently we will email you with paypal instructions, look for this to be much smoother once eCommerce is setup.
■Sponsors - We hope to do an article on every sponsor so we can fully get to know and support them.
■Members - Check the latest announcements and PDGA news. Check out the old newsletters and learn how you can contribute content.
■Livin the Dream – if you want to get on and tell us a story about your latest disc golf experience, thank someone or give a shout out, you can do this and these posts will be under the livin the dream category.
■Tournaments - Find out about upcoming tournaments, find out about local minis and read about results. Dont forget you can not only read, you can contribute, do you have a local tournament you want to promote? create a post!
■Courses - Each course on the west side is listed here, every post tagged with a specific course will be listed under that course. we hope you all will keep all the information for each course as up to date as possible. You don't need to wait until some web administrator to update the content. You can do it yourself!
The coolest thing about this site is that once you create a user login, you can comment on every post on the site. Of course, we're just getting warmed up. The new site is built to be modular. That means new features will be added over time.

A few of the upcoming features coming soon to the new website include:

■eCommerce: Pay dues, Fees, and buy Funkytown shwag
■Message Board: the site is setup so you can add your own articles and comment on every post, but we hope to add a message board so members can have their own forum to chat and socialize.
■Leaderboard and Funky scores: Michael Brownlow is working on bringing the Leaderboard over from the old site
■Polls and Surveys so you can direct the direction the club takes
So don't forget to register, comment, contribute and participate. There's a lot more in store for Funkytown in 2011!

BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool man. I'm glad I joined up with Funky Town. Really good bunch of guys!!!

Kenny man.....you wanna ride me up to Garland for that Tag challenge. I'm gettin' tired of this 26!!! lol

Shibby bro.:thmbup::thmbup: I want to join but I wont be able to play for bagtags because I travel all the time and Ill never know if I can make it to a challenge.

Latest posts