• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Looks like BB Owen hole 9. Is that "Hollywood"? I only met him once at Audubon and can't tell if that's him.

Curtis

Yes and YES! He's a trip alright, you will likely see us or just him at Audubon pretty often now that he has a ride there.

Five or so years ago, I was playing with a buddy at a public course. On the 5th hole I'm walking to my ball and I hear an insect buzz past my ear, or so I thought. A second later, I hear a rifle shot. A bullet had grazed my ear, within an inch or so of killing me. I was really shook up, and walked to the clubhouse, where I told what happened and the police were summoned. No one was ever questioned or caught in the incident.

Five or so years ago, I was playing with a buddy at a public course. On the 5th hole I'm walking to my ball and I hear an insect buzz past my ear, or so I thought. A second later, I hear a rifle shot. A bullet had grazed my ear, within an inch or so of killing me. I was really shook up, and walked to the clubhouse, where I told what happened and the police were summoned. No one was ever questioned or caught in the incident.

Scary. Did the bullet actually hit your ear?

The really weird thing is, you were using a ball to play disc golf. That's gotta be the thread winner!

999769_620922994607186_1746259841_n.jpg

So this has to be mine.. A friend of mine threw a tomahawk.. up there between the two powerlines :D :clap: :thmbup:

One day I was on the course and it had been raining.

I spotted a disc in the mud standing straight up. You know knows types of throws where the disc just sticks in the ground,well that's what it looks like. I got to the disc and it was a DX disc. I thought cool,If there is no name in it I can just give it to one of my friends. Went to pick up the disc and there was only half of it there.

I laughed for a bit on that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a coincidence and a bug flew by your ear and then you heard a gunshot... unless you play in a really hood area where that happens a lot. Minds like to assume the most crazy thing happened, when oftentimes it really didn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a coincidence and a bug flew by your ear and then you heard a gunshot... unless you play in a really hood area where that happens a lot. Minds like to assume the most crazy thing happened, when oftentimes it really didn't.

It was obviously swamp gas.:popcorn:

Strolling to the first tee at Vallarta on 5-26-13 and one of my partners looks up and says," Hey....a rainbow."

Me and the other guy look up at where he's pointing and he's pointing up at the sun. Sure enough there's a rainbow, but its not an arch or directly opposite the sun...its a circle shaped rainbow around the sun and there's not one but two.

Its a double Sundog in May at mid latitudes at quarter after 12 noon.

Sundogs are fairly common in the mountains and at the highest latitudes of the Artic and Antarctic, but the only other times I've seen a Sundog in Wisconsin is near dawn on very cold and humid January mornings.

A double sundog...

BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???????

aliens-history-channel-costumeazathoth-in-oklahoma-city-the-mary-sue-ht8u61bv.jpg

playing doubles on sunday and the lead group tees off on hole that is up hill and the fairway is designed to go to the right of a bathroom and left of super rough and under a tree. They of course take the "local route" and hyzer flick over the bathroom. the basket is on a small hill. the fist guy sticks his disc into the ground about 10 feet short of the basket. nice shot

second guy tees off does same throw, the disc hits just short of the first disc, kicks forward and comes to rest on the first disc. crazy.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=993&mode=ci

playing doubles on sunday and the lead group tees off on hole that is up hill and the fairway is designed to go to the right of a bathroom and left of super rough and under a tree. They of course take the "local route" and hyzer flick over the bathroom. the basket is on a small hill. the fist guy sticks his disc into the ground about 10 feet short of the basket. nice shot

second guy tees off does same throw, the disc hits just short of the first disc, kicks forward and comes to rest on the first disc. crazy.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=993&mode=ci

2 points for a leaner!

This past summer I was playing at Maytag with a fella who has some talent, but is prone to make some ridiculous mistakes. We were on hole 11 which runs along a parking lot on the right side. His drive turned over and he landed a few feet away from the parking lot with a tough line to the basket. He wound up and tried to rip a huge shot, but griplocked it as bad as I have ever seen. His drive went directly into the windshield of a car, bounced off that windshield and into the windshield of the car right next to it, and bounced in bounds about 50 ft in front of him. No windshields were damaged, but his line on his next shot was just as bad.

I played a course yesterday, and they had a bulletin board,and a clip board on there, and it said, "THINGS TO DO" Above the clip board. I guess for course maintenance or something like that. Well, right below where it said, THINGS TO DO, someone wrote "YOUR MOM". I got a chuckle out of it.

I saw a bunch of girls wearing bikini's learning against the cages. Some other dude was taking pictures and said it was for a Calendar and to look for it in your local gas station bathroom sometime later this year.