• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Around two months ago, the buds and I were playing in the local heavily wooded course. About halfway through the round, one of my friends handicapped parked a beauty of a shot. We were all just walking casually and our friend had gone up ahead and all of a sudden we heard a loud "WTF" So we all ran up and looked to see what was up. RIGHT under his disc AND the basket were about 8 "used" condoms that he somehow didn't see and got some "leftovers" on his hand when he picked it up! I can promise you the whole park heard us just bust out laughing for what seemed like forever! Don't know if there's ever gonna be anything that funny again haha.

Around two months ago, the buds and I were playing in the local heavily wooded course. About halfway through the round, one of my friends handicapped parked a beauty of a shot. We were all just walking casually and our friend had gone up ahead and all of a sudden we heard a loud "WTF" So we all ran up and looked to see what was up. RIGHT under his disc AND the basket were about 8 "used" condoms that he somehow didn't see and got some "leftovers" on his hand when he picked it up! I can promise you the whole park heard us just bust out laughing for what seemed like forever! Don't know if there's ever gonna be anything that funny again haha.

He he!

999769_620922994607186_1746259841_n.jpg

So this has to be mine.. A friend of mine threw a tomahawk.. up there between the two powerlines :D :clap: :thmbup:
That wasn't easy to do!

got three interesting lies lately... wound up on the only rock on the hole mid fairway, on a tree stump 10 feet from the hole, and in a patch of light shining down...

thematic animals... giant toads, Baltimore orioles, garter snakes, turtles... all exclusive to particular rounds, and in multiple #'s... makes me want to start notating rounds as "the turtle day" or "the snake day"

and then of course there was the day we say the peacock rape the guinea fowl in the aviary between holes 11 and 12 at Wickham... that was interesting...

I don't know what you'd call that day

one of the weirder things which has happened throwing was cutting a nice sized pine tree branch off cleanly with a Z flick. It was so strange to see the limb just fall out of the sky and then look like it was sawed right off without any burrs or splinters.

and this is why I carry hand sanitizer and moist towelettes

So I played a quick round today. When I rolled up, a father and son were warming up on 18 (no practice basket on home course). I was in a rush, so I headed right for the tee. When the dad saw me heading, he quickly picked up all the discs and ran to the tee to get head of me. I was hoping to tee off before they got there (the son was driving with an ultimate disc, so I was resigning myself to playing slowly behind them). I was hoping they would let me go. The dad says "you're walking fast". "yeah, quick round today," says me. "us too". Couldn't tell if he was making a passive aggressive comment about me trying to get in front of them or if he was just weird. With that he starts his stopwatch, they tee off and sprint down fairway to chase their discs in the rough. They were gone, holing out 5 when I was holing out 3. I still had to play quick, but didn't think I'd see them again. I didn't do any jogging between holes, just kept a brisk pace and didn't take a lot of alternate lines/let's see what this disc does. I caught them on 13. Guess sprinting between holes isn't conducive to consistent, accurate shots. Had to search for my disc because of a funny roll, but caught up again at 18. Shot a drop 1. Kept pace with the sprinters. Good day. Hope I don't see them agin.....
I was the weird guy. Granted, I was abrupt and I didn't communicate well, but if I recall we were in a hurry. My son and I were playing Speed (Time + Throws), that's why I had a stopwatch. In retrospect I should have explained more what we were doing. We were there first, though, and I knew that since we were jogging that we would catch up to any player very quickly and have to ask to play through while the timer ran. My son is an Ultimate player, not a disc golfer, but I was just glad for a chance to spend time with him out on the course, thus he used an Ultimate lid. And yeah, we didn't play very well so we had to look for lots of shots in the woods. My motto is "I'm glad that you don't have to be good to enjoy disc golf."

Last edited:
I was the weird guy. Granted, I was abrupt and I didn't communicate well, but if I recall we were in a hurry. My son and I were playing Speed (Time + Throws), that's why I had a stopwatch. In retrospect I should have explained more what we were doing. We were there first, though, and I knew that since we were jogging that we would catch up to any player very quickly and have to ask to play through while the timer ran. My son is an Ultimate player, not a disc golfer, but I was just glad for a chance to spend time with him out on the course, thus he used an Ultimate lid. And yeah, we didn't play very well so we had to look for lots of shots in the woods. My motto is "I'm glad that you don't have to be good to enjoy disc golf."
Too funny that one member was actually the funny thing the other member saw. And strange as some might find it, whatever it is that allows you and your kid(s) (be they minors or adults) to spend quality time together is a good thing!

2 odd things. Throw down the mountain last year. The Peacocks screaching in the background as we played they sounded ridiculous.

Was going to throw some holes at Reniassance Park, Charlotte. I was using the practice basket. A car pulled up with 2 girls and a guy. One of the girls and the guy get out and walk down the fairway to hole 1. I had finished putting and walked the same direction. I rounded the corner, she was bent over the bench with her pants pulled down in the back. He was behind her... No skin from my angle was visible but yes of course I stood there and they didnt see me, after like 10 seconds of him not being able to get it in she got this disgusted look and pulled up her pants and walked away. Then they both saw me and were uber embarassed. I was hoping I could yell at them while in the act but the poor chap couldnt make it happen for himself...lol.

A family of Hispanics splashing/playing/'swimming' in the creek at the North Asheboro Park course, despite there being a nice pool in the park.
A drunk redneck falling off of his galloping horse, when the improperly cinched saddle came loose at Cedarock/Wellspring.

2 odd things. Throw down the mountain last year. The Peacocks screaching in the background as we played they sounded ridiculous.

Was going to throw some holes at Reniassance Park, Charlotte. I was using the practice basket. A car pulled up with 2 girls and a guy. One of the girls and the guy get out and walk down the fairway to hole 1. I had finished putting and walked the same direction. I rounded the corner, she was bent over the bench with her pants pulled down in the back. He was behind her... No skin from my angle was visible but yes of course I stood there and they didnt see me, after like 10 seconds of him not being able to get it in she got this disgusted look and pulled up her pants and walked away. Then they both saw me and were uber embarassed. I was hoping I could yell at them while in the act but the poor chap couldnt make it happen for himself...lol.

That's a good one lol

A drunk redneck falling off of his galloping horse, when the improperly cinched saddle came loose at Cedarock/Wellspring.

I witnessed something similar at Lagoon Valley Disc Golf Course in Vacaville, CA. We had a few people riding horses on the course while we were trying to throw our upshots on #15. There's trails all over the park that they could have used, but they just had to ride through the fairway as we were obviously using it. One of them got thrown by their horse. It would seem that the horse sensed the faux pas even if the rider wasn't smart enough to figure it out.

Sunday I saw a bunny running out of the tall grass to the left on hole 1 and toward the tree line surrounding the private property... when Justin teed off... his disc landed 10 feet from it...

our new ground rule... hitting wildlife unintentionally is 1 throw off for the hole...

I once saw a bunch of people lay down on the road, next to the hole that I was playing, and start chanting/yelling. Very strange.

A bunch of ladies in workout gear down by the creek with a bunch of their equipment. We weren't sure what they were doing at first, but turns out they were getting photos for their group. Unfortunately, they picked a spot with a blind shot near the creek, and did it on the night of a mini.

Sunday I saw a bunny running out of the tall grass to the left on hole 1 and toward the tree line surrounding the private property... when Justin teed off... his disc landed 10 feet from it...

our new ground rule... hitting wildlife unintentionally is 1 throw off for the hole...

I hope you mean add a stroke for hitting an animal. If not, watch an injured animal die a slow and painful death in front of you and I think your attitude will change.

Latest posts