• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

We've had a group of LARPers gather to the right side of 16's fairway (Dolese, OKC) for the past month or so. Most of them decked out in their costumes complete with foam swords and shields. It's quite amusing watching them acting like they've lost limbs and still try to fight. It reminded me of the Black Knight of Python fame.

We have larpers at a local course. They know where the disc golf is and use an area out of our way. So we tend to all get along. They'll tell you all about what their doing, and will listen to disc golf stuff.

Went to Cameron Park in Waco, and there was a huge larping thing going on. It was insane. They had guys with swords, javelins, pikes, and even archers. And something like forty out there at a time.

At Fountain Hills, the first Am round for the Memorial, I was eating breakfast at the little coffee shop above the basket for hole 15, the first tee times were just approaching hole 15 tee as, apparently the (new, arizona, first time I saw it) athletic phenomenon of running with a tire around your waist group, they made their way into the fairway and they all dropped their tires to move into their yoga-esque tire performance. I walked down and informed them of what was going on - they picked up their tires and jogged off into the mist.

Hole 1, Sunset in Las Vegas - this was my 4th course ever played, I was just starting to catch the dg bug - I approached the first tee to be cut off by a group of guys with a bunch of balloons. They said a few words for their fallen friend and let the balloons go. One of them started tearing up and said something along the lines of "I need to feel something, punch me" then they exchanged several punches amongst them, they all broke into tears and walked off. And that was how my round started.

I too would say drug deals, but it isn't strange at the course I was at. I regularly find very small plastic baggies on the course. Oh and homeless people live in the woods there, so sometimes they pop out walking through the course and it startles me. But lots of people play there and it is closest course to my home. Also the two drug dealers (a couple) always smile and wave and are nice so I will keep going :)

"you know yesterday I saw two big fat naked bikers in the woods off 17 havin sex....how am i supposed to CHIP with that going on?!"

Well that was definitely weird, but apparently not thread appropriate because it didn't occur on the course.

Me and my old group of 4 other guys were out discin' at Lamar in Wyoming, MI. We're on hole #3, that follows the small creek to the pond. Maybe about 8 good sized Oaks, Maple trees.

None of us really payed any attention until it happened, but after the first one of us tees off, we see his disc heading straight for the big tree in front. probably 120' ahead.

Before I could finish saying, "Hey, there's a squirrel!" His disc nails the squirrel straight on. The thing just started spazzing out, doing circles up and down the tree, and finally took off to the branches. Really erratic behavior obviously since it just got it's bell rung.

We were laughing so damn hard. I was shocked afterwards though, that he didn't kill it. He has a nasty FH shot that is fast as hell.

Funniest moment I ever had playing.

Me and my old group of 4 other guys were out discin' at Lamar in Wyoming, MI. We're on hole #3, that follows the small creek to the pond. Maybe about 8 good sized Oaks, Maple trees.

None of us really payed any attention until it happened, but after the first one of us tees off, we see his disc heading straight for the big tree in front. probably 120' ahead.

Before I could finish saying, "Hey, there's a squirrel!" His disc nails the squirrel straight on. The thing just started spazzing out, doing circles up and down the tree, and finally took off to the branches. Really erratic behavior obviously since it just got it's bell rung.

We were laughing so damn hard. I was shocked afterwards though, that he didn't kill it. He has a nasty FH shot that is fast as hell.

Funniest moment I ever had playing.
Wow that's actually pretty sad
:c

Funniest thing I've seen was some old beat up disc that was warped from heck with a dyed bunny in the middle and sharpie on the back said "happy easter"
gotta see if i can find that picture..

Wow that's actually pretty sad
:c

Funniest thing I've seen was some old beat up disc that was warped from heck with a dyed bunny in the middle and sharpie on the back said "happy easter"
gotta see if i can find that picture..

I laugh now because it lived. If it would of been the latter, then...yea. Probably would of buried it at least.

I have a disc playing friend who likes to pose after he throws. He doesn't really follow through, so his pose is very similar to a jump putt with his throwing arm at about a 45 degree angle and his hand above his head (like he's waving 'hi'). So he tries to hit this gap between the branches of a tree about 10 feet in front of him and fails, but the disc rebounds right back into his hand. It was a Captain America dye ... picture it.

...Before I could finish saying, "Hey, there's a squirrel!" His disc nails the squirrel straight on.

I once threw putter off the tee on a short duece-or-die hole at a local course. Putter collided with Catbird half-way down the fairway. Catbird didn't make it. The hole is not easy but it's not that hard either. I could not get a two on that one for the longest time afterwards. Ghost of Catbird haunted me.

At Cliff Stephens park we noticed a raccoon during the day which is not very normal. Walking up the 15th fairway attempting to stay away from it, friend yells check it out, another raccoon is chasing a squirrel who has obviously been injured and running from the two raccoons with a pronounced limp. Well it's lunch time. Sad sight indeed...

I've seen a player bring her cat to the Downriver course in Spokane. It was harnessed up and not looking too happy. There can be a lot of unleashed dogs at that course, which really made me wish I'd followed her around to see that cat's reaction to a wandering pooch.