• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

When ever I hear someone holler "Fore" I duck and cover my head and face, and listen for the disc to hit the ground. I think the worse thing you can do is look around. That's like running to the window when you hear gun shots to see where they are coming from. I hear gun shots, I get down. Then I make reservations at UHaul for a truck so I can move.

I saw a bunch of guys out in the woods practicing bagpipe music. They probably got run out of wherever else they were playing. Sounded pretty weird.

A bunch of kids always use the tee pad for hole 4 at the Benedict park course as a bike parking zone. I guess cause its near the soccer field.

Thanks City of Brighton for building a random concrete slab near the soccer fields for us...

This last Saturday while it was raining pretty hard I was waiting with my card to tee off on the next hole when the group behind yells "fore!" I look up to see an orange drive with a lot of speed bookin straight for me. Like a deer in headlights I stood there frozen trying to figure out if its going to fade or keep on the same line. About 20 feet away from me, no joke, I realize its on target to hit me in the junk. :eek: I felt like I was in the Matrix as I turned left and bent backwards, allowing it to pass right next to my ass. We all had a good laugh about that. :D

This last Saturday while it was raining pretty hard I was waiting with my card to tee off on the next hole when the group behind yells "fore!" I look up to see an orange drive with a lot of speed bookin straight for me. Like a deer in headlights I stood there frozen trying to figure out if its going to fade or keep on the same line. About 20 feet away from me, no joke, I realize its on target to hit me in the junk. :eek: I felt like I was in the Matrix as I turned left and bent backwards, allowing it to pass right next to my ass. We all had a good laugh about that. :D

ROFL!

Thanks for making me spit Dr.Pepper all over my keyboard.

That is why when I hear "Fore" I do the "duck and cover".

LMAO ... you're welcome. ;P Coincidentally I was taking a drink of the good Dr. when I read that and almost spit some up.

Is hole 4 the one downhill and 50ft or so to the right, playing towards the parking lot? If so, not even a hawk attack could take away my love for that hole. 5, on the other hand, is my arch nemesis.

No, you're thinking of 3. And yeah, 4 is kind of a dick sometimes. The tee just feels goofy.

i've seen so much funny stuff in my life but this tops all......

at rutgers university disc golf course in New Jersey, i guess there was a renassance fair thing because at about 5 o'clock hundreds of people with fake swords an armor started swinging at the baskets i was on hole 8 in disbelief. they were yelling things in italian and it went on for about 10 minutes but it was hilarious

i've seen so much funny stuff in my life but this tops all......

at rutgers university disc golf course in New Jersey, i guess there was a renassance fair thing because at about 5 o'clock hundreds of people with fake swords an armor started swinging at the baskets i was on hole 8 in disbelief. they were yelling things in italian and it went on for about 10 minutes but it was hilarious

Why is it that these events always seem to happen where there's a dg course? I've seen similar things at 3 different courses.

Why is it that these events always seem to happen where there's a dg course? I've seen similar things at 3 different courses.
My best guess:
Because they want a semi-wooded place no one will bitch about them being there.

I saw this about 2 weeks ago, in Conroe, TX and SpingdgLover was with me , so I am sure he remembers this.

There was three of us, so we let a guy playing solo play through. He had his bag on his shoulder, and he was carrying a trash bag. At first I thought he was cleaning the course as he played, and I thought that was really nice of him. Then after watching him dig through a trash can, I realized, he was collecting the beer, and soda cans. I thought to myself " Now thats a way to help pay for some more discs". Heck, imagine how much extra money you could make with all the cans you see laying around the course. Last time I checked, its 24 -12 oz cans = 1lb. I haven't checked the price of cans in a while but it used to be about 65 cents a pound.

I have seen trash cans on courses that rival bar dumpsters with the amount of beer cans and bottles overflowing. I bet you could get some sweet cash from all the recycling.

I was on hole 14 at West Park in Joliet, IL and I had a terrible first shot into a tree only 50 feet in front of me. I couldn't see the basket because it was behind a bunch of trees, my buddy was standing to the left of the basket and said "it's right here, aim for me and you'll be good". So I did. I tomahawk'd it right for him, it spun a ton in the air and was heading right for him. At the last second, he jumped out of the way, but the disc took a hard turn and hit him right in the junk!! It was a 175g Pro Valkyrie. He was on the floor for 5 minutes. At the time, we played where if you hit someone in the group, you got a stroke taken off for the hole. I "birdied" the hole.

I was on hole 14 at West Park in Joliet, IL and I had a terrible first shot into a tree only 50 feet in front of me. I couldn't see the basket because it was behind a bunch of trees, my buddy was standing to the left of the basket and said "it's right here, aim for me and you'll be good". So I did. I tomahawk'd it right for him, it spun a ton in the air and was heading right for him. At the last second, he jumped out of the way, but the disc took a hard turn and hit him right in the junk!! It was a 175g Pro Valkyrie. He was on the floor for 5 minutes. At the time, we played where if you hit someone in the group, you got a stroke taken off for the hole. I "birdied" the hole.

Oh man, that is damn funny

Memorial Day I was at the course, and there was a large group at the Pavilion that is across the park from the course. Some clown had the bright idea to bring some 4-wheelers to the park, and were riding them through the park and cutting in front of us and riding all over the course tearing up the grass. I was really pissed about that. I think the only way they got away with it was the Park Ranger that usually patrols was off for the holiday.

played with a large group 2day, memorial day. i knew the course would filled with non disc golfers. what i didnt expect was that the baskets were reserved like camp sites and hotdogs were easier to get than birdies. happy holidays.

Latest posts