• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

I have only seen this happen twice. My daughter did this the last time we played, and she was very proud of her shot

0411091752.jpg

I have done that once myself. Did it in OK when the wind was blowing really hard.

W3rd. Saw a disc get snatched out of the air ~30 feet up by perpendicular power lines (3 or so years ago at Pyramids). Even more amazing than the tree bark catch. Wish I had a pic.

Myself, son and his friend were playing Circle R and several cows and three Bulls were standing in between us at the teebox and the chains. We were standing there saying now what and suddenly my sons friend runs at them screaming loudly and arms out and actually makes them run away to the right though an open gate. He goes to try and close the gate and the largest and he was a huge white bull started going towards him as soon as he reached for the gate post. He backed away they stayed there and we finished the hole.

Myself, son and his friend were playing Circle R and several cows and three Bulls were standing in between us at the teebox and the chains. We were standing there saying now what and suddenly my sons friend runs at them screaming loudly and arms out and actually makes them run away to the right though an open gate. He goes to try and close the gate and the largest and he was a huge white bull started going towards him as soon as he reached for the gate post. He backed away they stayed there and we finished the hole.

I think maybe you have invented a new sport...

cow herding AND disc golf:D

one of the coolest things i think i've seen so far is at peir park in OR. i think it's on #12 in the first evergreen to the left about 80' up there's a dream catcher. a guy i played a pick up round w pointed it out. he said it's been there since he was a kid and he's 50. wish i could have gotten a good pic of it

The other day at crooked creek I lost my Sinus for over 30 minutes.
I hit the tree that is in the middle of this picture and watched it deflect right towards the walking path:
c1e557b6.jpg

It looked like it ran perpendicular with the tree so I was looking all over the ground, kicking leaves, looking in the creek thinking that it rolled down. I ended up taking my shot from around the deflection site, holing out and I was going to move on but I just didn't want to leave this disc because it is so straight for me and perfect for short, tight woods shots of which I have a tourney this weekend in the woods at East Roswell.

So I finally give up and I find it here:
img00056i.jpg

This tree was a good 30' up past the tree I deflected off and at probably a 30 or so degree angle...On top of that it was wedged in at about 7-8'

I really cannot figure out how it got there after seeing the deflection I saw.

From yard practice session several years ago (from ~60 feet):
drot.jpg

From a thumber on Loriella #14 a year or two ago (tree ~210 feet from tee):
tree3.jpg

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

I was throwing an uphill hyzer off a tee pad and my disc stuck in the crook of a broken branch. It was wierd to see it hit wood and stick. It was hard as hell to pull it out.

I was practicing at my parent's house and wedged my Roadrunner in the shingles of their neighbor's garage.

I was at my practice field today. I was standing at one end of the field and I noticed two black things moving at the other end of the field. They looked like two black crows, so I didn't give it much thought.
As I got closer, I happened to look and noticed that the two black things near my discs were two skunks! I freaked out . I backed away slowly, and waited for them to get away, so I could get my discs back. It was something to see. First time I have ever encountered a skunk.

I was at my practice field today. I was standing at one end of the field and I noticed two black things moving at the other end of the field. They looked like two black crows, so I didn't give it much thought.
As I got closer, I happened to look and noticed that the two black things near my discs were two skunks! I freaked out . I backed away slowly, and waited for them to get away, so I could get my discs back. It was something to see. First time I have ever encountered a skunk.

Oo we've had em go under our deck at our house before, it sucks lol

Oo we've had em go under our deck at our house before, it sucks lol

They really caught me off guard. They seemed to be smaller, so I don't think they were full grown. I yelled at them from a distance and thought about throwing a disc at them to move and they just kind of ignored me.

We got permission as kids to sleep in a parachute turned into a tent in the back yard of my friends house in Maine. We lived in Navy housing and there were very large fields behind everyones house. Of course we didn't listen to our parents when they said to be in the tent by whatever time and were out galavanting in the neighborhood around midnight.

I have pretty crappy night vision and I remember saying "Oh wow look a beach ball" and picked it up and then saw what it was A SKUNK!! I threw that damn thing and it scurried off, I do not know how we did not get sprayed, lucky!!

Would you really want to take the chance of them spraying your discs??

I guess that is why I didn't throw at them. When I made my drives, I didn't know they were skunks till after I had thrown my discs in that direction. They looked like two crows from 350ft away. I had to wait 5 minutes for them to move before I could look for some of my discs I had thrown.

We got permission as kids to sleep in a parachute turned into a tent in the back yard of my friends house in Maine. We lived in Navy housing and there were very large fields behind everyones house. Of course we didn't listen to our parents when they said to be in the tent by whatever time and were out galavanting in the neighborhood around midnight.

I have pretty crappy night vision and I remember saying "Oh wow look a beach ball" and picked it up and then saw what it was A SKUNK!! I threw that damn thing and it scurried off, I do not know how we did not get sprayed, lucky!!

...Actually you are quite lucky you didnt get sprayed OR BITTEN! I read somewhere that the number one animal carrier of rabies is the skunk. Tomato paste/juice supposedly will wash the smell off, but a rabies shot is like 5-7 in the arse.:(